|Current region||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Place of origin||Babupatti, Raniganj tehsil, Pratapgarh, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh, British India (present-day Uttar Pradesh, India)|
|Members||Pratap Narayan Srivastava|
Saraswati Devi Srivastava
Harivansh Rai Srivastava Bachchan
Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Shweta Bachchan Nanda
Navya Naveli Nanda
|Connected families||Kapoor family|
|Estate(s)||Jalsa Bungalow |
The notable members of the family include Amitabh's parents, poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and social activist Teji Bachchan; his wife, actress Jaya Bhaduri; their daughter Shweta Bachchan Nanda; their son, actor Abhishek Bachchan; and Abhishek's wife, actress Aishwarya Rai. In 2007, Time listed Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai on its list of most influential Indians.
Amitabh Bachchan is the son of Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan, who married Shyama and Teji Bachchan. Amitabh's wife is actress Jaya Bachchan. Their children are Shweta Bachchan Nanda and actor Abhishek Bachchan. Shweta is married to Nikhil Nanda, the son of Ritu Nanda and grandson of actor Raj Kapoor. Shweta's children are son Agastya Nanda and daughter Navya Naveli Nanda. Abhishek is married to Aishwarya Rai, and they have a daughter named Aaradhya Bachchan. The family stays in the two famous houses, Jalsa and Pratiksha, in Mumbai.
The family residence in Mumbai is called the Jalsa Bungalow.
- "Nikhil Nanda & Shweta Bachchan - Take a peek at the business & political landscape of marriages". The Times Of India. Archived from the original on 10 November 2015.
- Robinson, Simon (15 August 2007). "India's Most Influential". Time. Archived from the original on 28 August 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- West-Pavlov, Russell (2018). The Global South and Literature. Cambridge University Press. p. 167. ISBN 9781108246316.
- BTM (6 December 2011). "Amitabh Bachchan houses in Mumbai". Archived from the original on 30 November 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Ganesan, Ranjita (5 July 2013). "A house for Mr Bachchan". Business Standard. Retrieved 30 December 2018.