Bachelor's Vegetable Store
|Bachelor's Vegetable Store|
|Based on||Bachelor's Vegetable Store
by Kim Young-han and Lee Young-seok
|Written by||Yoon Sung-hee|
|Directed by||Lee Joon-hyung|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Running time||Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:20 (KST)|
|Original network||Channel A|
|Original release||December 21, 2011– March 8, 2012|
Bachelor's Vegetable Store (Hangul: 총각네 야채가게; RR: Chonggagne Yachaegage) is a South Korean television series starring Ji Chang-wook, Wang Ji-hye, Kim Young-kwang, Park Soo-jin and Hwang Shin-hye. It aired on Channel A from December 21, 2011 to March 8, 2012 on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:20 for 24 episodes.
It is based on the same-titled book published in 2003 that chronicles the real-life success story of how a young man named Lee Young-seok turned a small 350-square-feet vegetable store in 1998 into a nationwide franchise with 33 branches.
Han Tae-yang is a hardworking, talented young man who will do anything to make his tiny vegetable stand a success. He hires a couple of "lost boys" who become his employees and friends: Nam Yoo-bong, a successful yet lonely farmer with zero love life; Lee Chan-sol, an idol trainee whose talent agency throws him out after nine years due to a hushed scandal, so he ends up working in a host club; Yoon Ho-jae, a certifiable genius with a lack of social skills that makes him unhireable to big companies; and Jung Ki-young, a homeless man who doesn't talk much.
Tae-yang also falls in love with Mok Ga-on, but she is hiding a huge secret. She is actually Jin Jin-shim, an orphaned girl. When her friend, the real Mok Ga-on, died when they were teenagers, Ga-on's ambitious mother Choi Kang-sun took Jin-shim in and told her to pretend to be her daughter, since Ga-on is the illegitimate daughter of a chaebol businessman. Desperate for a family, Jin-shim agreed, and now named Ga-on, she has a devoted but toxic relationship with Kang-sun. Ga-on also has feelings for Tae-yang, but she is torn between him and a wealthy heir, Lee Seul-woo.
- Ji Chang-wook as Han Tae-yang
- Oh Jae-moo as young Tae-yang
- Wang Ji-hye as Mok Ga-on/Jin Jin-shim
- Chae Bin as young Jin-shim
- Park So-young as young Ga-on
- Kim Young-kwang as Lee Seul-woo
- Park Soo-jin as Jung Dan-bi
- Hwang Shin-hye as Choi Kang-sun
- Lee Se-young as Han Tae-in
- Roh Jeong-eui as young Tae-in
- Park Won-sook as Hwang Soo-ja
- Jang Hang-sun as Jung Goo-gwang
- Kim Do-yeon as Yeon Boon-hong
- Jeon No-min as Mok In-beom
- Lee Kwang-soo as Nam Yoo-bong
- Shin Won-ho as Lee Chan-sol
- Song Ji-hyuk as Yoon Ho-jae
- Noh Sung-ha as Jung Ki-young
- Lee Eun as Hong Jung-ah
- Sa Mi-ja as Park Geum-soon
Who was the driver of Ga On's mom
- "Veggie Store gets its bachelor, broadcaster, and leading lady". Dramabeans. 3 November 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- "CEO와 특별한 하루: 이영석 총각네야채가게 대표". 10Asia (in Korean). 27 November 2009. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (15 December 2011). "Ji Chang Wook On Always Being the 'Good Guy'". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (15 December 2011). "Hwang Shin Hye on Acting as a Mother". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (9 March 2012). "Lee Kwang Soo on the End of Bachelor's Vegetable Store". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-06-22.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (24 November 2011). "Sung Ha Cast in Bachelor's Vegetable Store". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-06-22.