Bachelor in Paradise (TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bachelor in Paradise|
|Presented by||Chris Harrison|
|Opening theme||"Almost Paradise" by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||50|
|Executive producer(s)||Mike Fleiss|
|Running time||120 minutes |
60 minutes (season 2)
|Production company(s)||Next Entertainment|
Warner Horizon Television
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
|Original release||August 4, 2014 –|
|Related shows||The Bachelor|
Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise
The Bachelor Winter Games
Bachelor in Paradise is an elimination-style reality competition television series which premiered on August 4, 2014, on ABC. It is a spin-off of the American reality television game shows The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. The show features previous contestants who have been featured on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. The show is hosted by Chris Harrison.
Development and filming
In March 2013, ABC canceled Bachelor Pad after three seasons. Very similar to Bachelor Pad, rejected contestants from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are isolated in a romantic paradise in an exotic tropical destination.
At the first rose ceremony, the six men are given a rose to hand out to a woman they’d like to spend more time getting to know in paradise. With an uneven number of men and women in the group, the two women left without roses are immediately sent home heartbroken. Just as potential couples start to pair up, everything changes drastically in the next episode when two new men arrive to paradise with love on their mind. For seven weeks, each episode will alternate between two new men or women joining the cast. New relationships may form, and current ones may end. Every week, the two people who don’t receive a rose will be forced to leave paradise. It’s a constant love shuffle where surprise arrivals can rekindle old romances, spark new ones, or splinter existing love.
ABC renewed Bachelor in Paradise for a sixth season on February 5, 2019.
During initial filming of season 4, production was halted due to allegations of sexual misconduct between two contestants—DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. After an internal investigation, it was determined that there was no misconduct and filming resumed shortly after.
Beginning in 2015, ABC began airing Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise, a regular weekly live after show. Chris Harrison and Jenny Mollen co-hosted the show starring a celebrity fan and one of the Bachelor in Paradise cast members. Season 2 saw the introduction of a new host, comedian and talk show host, Michelle Collins and also introduced as a co-host is the star from season 17 of The Bachelor, Sean Lowe.
|Season||Original Run||Location||Couples||Proposal||Still together||Relationship notes|
|1||August 4, 2014- September 8, 2014||Tulum, Mexico||Lacy Faddoul & Marcus Grodd||Yes||No||Faddoul and Grodd got engaged in the finale and had a wedding ceremony in June 2015 on the season premiere of the second season of Bachelor in Paradise. They ended their relationship in June 2016 while revealing they were never officially a married couple.|
|Michelle Money & Cody Sattler||No||No||Money and Sattler began a relationship and split up in December 2014, but later got back together in June 2015. The two later broke up again after appearing on the seventh season of Marriage Boot Camp.|
|2||August 2, 2015- September 7, 2015||Sayulita, Mexico (Playa Escondida)||Jade Roper & Tanner Tolbert||Yes||Yes||Roper and Tolbert got married on January 24, 2016, with their wedding airing on ABC as a special edition of The Bachelor: A Celebration of Love. The couple later appeared on the eighth season of Marriage Boot Camp. They have one daughter and are expecting their second child due in August 2019.|
|Samantha Steffen & Nick Petersen||No||No||Steffen and Peterson announced their breakup on October 9, 2015.|
|Cassandra Ferguson & Justin Reich||No||No||Ferguson and Reich revealed on After Paradise that they had broken up.|
|3||August 2, 2016- September 6, 2016||Carly Waddell & Evan Bass||Yes||Yes||Waddell and Bass were married on June 17, 2017 in Mexico. They live together in Nashville, Tennessee and have a daughter.|
|Amanda Stanton & Josh Murray||Yes||No||Stanton and Murray called off their engagement in December 2016.|
|Lace Morris & Grant Kemp||Yes||No||Morris and Kemp announced their breakup on November 29, 2016.|
|4||August 14, 2017 - September 11, 2017||Taylor Nolan & Derek Peth||Yes||No||On August 31, while the show was still airing, it was reported that Nolan and Peth got engaged during the taping of Bachelor in Paradise's aftershow. They called off their engagement in June 2018.|
|Raven Gates & Adam Gottschalk||No||Yes||On the reunion, it was revealed that Gates and Gottschalk are in a relationship. They are still together as of April 2019.|
|Lacey Mark & Daniel Maguire||No||No||On the reunion, it was revealed that Mark and Maguire had ended their relationship.|
|5||August 7, 2018 - September 11, 2018||Krystal Nielson & Chris Randone||Yes||Yes||On the reunion, it was revealed that Nielson and Randone are still engaged as of April 2019.|
|Jenna Cooper & Jordan Kimball||Yes||No||On the reunion, Cooper and Kimball announced their wedding was due to set for June 9, 2019, but a day before the reunion aired, it was announced that Jordan had broken up with Jenna after it was revealed that Jenna was allegedly cheating on him the whole time.|
|Kendall Long & Joe Amabile||No||Yes||Although initially split during the show. At the reunion, it was revealed that the two are dating. They are still together as of April 2019.|
|Astrid Loch & Kevin Wendt||No||Yes||Although initially split during the show. At the reunion, it was revealed that the two are dating. They are still together as of April 2019.|
|Annaliese Puccini & Kamil Nicalek||No||No||At the reunion, Nicalek broke up with Puccini onstage.|
|Season||Episodes||Premiered||Ended||TV season||Time slot (ET)||Season averages (Live + SD)|
|Viewers (millions)||18-49 rating|
|1||7||August 4, 2014||5.31||September 8, 2014||5.40||2014||Monday 8:00 pm (1-4, 6, 7)
Tuesday 8:00 pm (5)
|2||12||August 2, 2015||3.60||September 7, 2015||4.82||2015||Sunday 8:00 pm||4.35||1.3|
|Monday 8:00 pm|
|3||11||August 2, 2016||4.63||September 6, 2016||5.57||2016||Monday 8:00 pm||4.84||1.4|
|Tuesday 8:00 pm|
|4||9||August 14, 2017||5.09||September 11, 2017||4.70||2017||Monday 8:00 pm||4.52||1.3|
|Tuesday 8:00 pm|
|5||11||August 7, 2018||3.82||September 11, 2018||4.55||2018||Monday 8:00 pm||TBD||TBD|
|Tuesday 8:00 pm|
- Love Island - A similar British program.
- "'BACHELOR PAD' CANCELED BY ABC, WON'T RETURN FOR SEASON 4". Inquisitor.
- "Bachelor Spinoff Series Will Feature "Some of the Most Unlikely Relationships in Bachelor History": Bachelor in Paradise Details". Us Weekly. March 21, 2014.
- "Bachelor in Paradise Production Suspended Amid Misconduct Allegations". E! News. June 11, 2017.
- "Bachelor in Paradise Cleared of Misconduct Allegations, Production to Resume Filming". E! News. June 20, 2017.
- "ABC Launches Live "After Paradise" Weekly Talk Show, Immediately Following "Bachelor in Paradise" Beginning Monday, August 3". The Futon Critic. July 17, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- Messinger, Mitch (August 22, 2016). "'Bachelor in Paradise' Contestants Join Host Michelle Collins and Co-Host Sean Lowe on ABC's 'Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise,' Tuesday, August 23". Disney ABC Press. ABC Media Relations. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- Brickner, Terry (June 16, 2016). "Bachelor in Paradise's Marcus Grodd and Lacy Faddoul Break Up, Were Never Legally Married". E!. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- Hautman, Nicholas (January 24, 2016). "'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert Are Married: Get All the Details!". Us Weekly. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Seemayer, Zach (17 August 2017). "'Bachelor in Paradise's Jade Roper & Tanner Tolbert Welcome a Baby Girl!". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Bachelor in Paradise's Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert Expecting Baby No. 2". E! News. January 28, 2019.
- Schulman, Alissa (October 9, 2015). "Bachelor in Paradise's Samantha Steffen and Nick Peterson Break Up". Us Weekly. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "Bachelor in Paradise's Carly Waddell and Evan Bass Are Married!". People Magazine. June 17, 2017.
- Schnurr, Samantha (6 August 2017). "Bachelor in Paradise's Carly Waddell and Evan Bass Are Expecting Their First Child Together". E!. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Bueno, Antoinette (December 19, 2016). "'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple Josh Murray and Amanda Stanton Split". E!. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Chen, Joyce (December 17, 2016). "'Bachelor' Alums Amanda Stanton and Josh Murray Split". Us Weekly. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Webber, Stephanie (November 29, 2016). "'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple Lace Morris and Grant Kemp Split, End Engagement". US Weekly. Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- "Bachelor in Paradise's Taylor Nolan & Derek Peth Are Engaged!". People Magazine. August 31, 2017.
- "Bachelor in Paradise's Taylor Nolan and Derek Peth Split: We 'Are Heartbroken'". People. June 26, 2018. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "Why Adam and Raven Didn't Get Engaged on the 'Bachelor in Paradise' Finale". Glamour. September 11, 2017.
- "Why Did Lacey & Daniel Break Up? 'Bachelor In Paradise' Was So Not Paradise For Them". Bustle. September 11, 2017.
- Baldwin, Kristen (September 11, 2018). "Bachelor in Paradise season finale recap: 'Yes, b---h. Yes.'". Entertainment Weekly.
- "SpotVault - Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) - Summer 2014 Ratings". Spotted Ratings. August 20, 2014. Retrieved June 28, 2018.
- "SpotVault - Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) - Summer 2015 Ratings". Spotted Ratings. August 5, 2015. Retrieved June 28, 2018.
- "SpotVault - Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) - Summer 2016 Ratings". Spotted Ratings. August 3, 2016. Retrieved June 28, 2018.
- "SpotVault - Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) - Summer 2017 Ratings". Spotted Ratings. August 15, 2017. Retrieved June 28, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (August 8, 2018). "'Making It' and 'The Outpost' adjust down, 'Beat Shazam' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (September 12, 2018). "'Castaways' and NBC Fall Preview adjust down: Tuesday final ratings". TV By The Numbers. Retrieved September 12, 2018.