Back Home (Westlife album)
|Studio album by Westlife|
|Released||5 November 2007|
London, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, U.S.
|Genre||Pop, pop rock, dance-pop, electropop|
|Label||Syco, Sony BMG, RCA|
|Producer||Arnthor Birgisson, David Kreuger, Steve Mac, Per Magnusson, Quiz & Larossi, Rami Yacoub|
|Singles from Back Home|
|Video by Westlife|
|Released||5 November 2007|
Back Home is the eighth studio album by Irish boy band Westlife, released on 5 November 2007 through Syco Music, Sony Music and RCA Records. The album was produced by Steve Mac, Quiz & Larossi, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger and Rami Yacoub, who also produced some of the group's previous material. Back Home was the group's final album before their temporary break from music in 2008.
The album was preceded by the lead single "Home", a cover version of the Michael Bublé song, which was sent to radio stations in September 2007, and was eventually released as a digital download and CD single on 29 October 2007. Two more singles were released to promote the album, namely "Us Against the World" and "Something Right". A DVD also accompanied the album's release, including some of the group's recent music videos and exclusive footage of the group.
The album was met with mixed reviews, however the album was a commercial success. The album debuted at #1 on the Official UK Album Charts, selling 132,000 copies in its first week of release and remained in the top three spots for eight consecutive weeks.
|Galaxie Magazine Malaysia|||
|This Is Aberdeen||(favorable) |
The track listing for the album was released on the band's official website on 3 October 2007, with track-by-track videos by the band. The release date of the album was brought forward to 5 November 2007 from the initial 12 November 2007. The album contains a collection of brand new tracks along with a few covers. The cover songs on the album are "Have You Ever?", a Diane Warren penned ballad previously recorded by Brandy, and "I'm Already There", a song recorded by Lonestar. The first single from the album is a cover of the ballad "Home", originally by Michael Bublé, and was released on 29 October 2007 The song debuted at #3 on the official UK singles chart. "Us Against The World", an original song dedicated to Westlife fans worldwide, was released as the band's second single on 3 March 2008 in the UK and Ireland. Meanwhile, "Something Right", which is an original up-tempo song, was released as the third single in Asia and Europe. When Westlife announced the release date for the album, The Spice Girls immediately withdrew from the chart battle and delayed their Greatest Hits album release by a week to 12 November 2007. Westlife and the Spice Girls are then engaged in a war of words where each accused the other party of avoiding each other's release. The Spice Girls claimed that their album was to be released on 12 November 2007 and that this has always been the case. However, music retailers have concurred that the Spice Girls' album was initially marked with a 5 November 2007 release date. Back in November 2000, both bands were caught in a chart battle between Westlife's second studio album "Coast to Coast" and Spice Girls' third studio album "Forever". In the battle, Westlife sold 163 000 more records than the Spice Girls in the first week of release. Speculations then began to surface that Westlife might consider changing the release date of their album back to 12 November 2007 to go head on with the Spice Girls. A Westlife insider told The Mirror "It's war and they're not getting away that easily. They can run but they can't hide" which supports the speculation. However, the band made no further changes to the release date.
An accompanying DVD was released on the week of the album's release. It featured backstage footage of the group, Up Close and Personal segments, and the music videos of "Home, You Raise Me Up, When You Tell Me That You Love Me, Amazing and The Rose". The DVD was available exclusively at Woolworths.
|1.||"Home"||Amy Foster-Gillies, Michael Bublé, Alan Chang||Steve Mac||3:28|
|2.||"Us Against the World"||Rami, Arnthor Birgisson, Savan Kotecha||Rami & Arnthor||4:02|
|3.||"Something Right"||Rami, Birgisson, Kotecha||Rami & Arnthor||3:14|
|4.||"I'm Already There"||Richie McDonald, Gary Baker, Frank J. Myers||Quiz & Larossi||4:18|
|5.||"When I'm with You"||Jordan Omley, Michael Mani, Sam Watters, Louis Biancaniello||Biancaniello, Watters||4:12|
|6.||"Have You Ever"||Diane Warren||Mac||4:33|
|7.||"It's You"||Steve Mac, Wayne Hector||Mac||4:11|
|8.||"Catch My Breath"||Mac, Hector||Mac||3:18|
|9.||"The Easy Way"||Rami, Birgisson, Kotecha||Rami & Arnthor||3:35|
|10.||"I Do"||Mac, Hector, John Reid||Mac||4:30|
|11.||"Pictures in My Head"||Rami, Birgisson, Kotecha||Rami & Arnthor||4:17|
|12.||"You Must Have Had a Broken Heart"||Jörgen Elofsson, Nicky Chinn||Per Magnusson, David Kreuger||4:01|
|Back Home — Japanese edition bonus tracks|
|13.||"Home" (Soul Seekerz remix radio edit)||Foster, Bublé, Chang||Mac, Soul Seekerz||3:36|
|14.||"Home" (music video)||3:28|
|Back Home — Australian edition bonus DVD: Live at Wembley|
|1.||"Overture/Flying Without Wings"|
|2.||"Hit You With the Real Thing"|
|3.||"When You're Looking Like That"|
|5.||"She's Back/Billie Jean"|
|7.||"Addicted to Love"|
|8.||"I Wish/Wild Wild West"|
|10.||"Colour My World"|
|13.||"Swear it Again"|
|14.||"Seasons in the Sun"|
|15.||"World of our Own"|
|17.||"Queen of My Heart"|
|18.||"What Makes a Man"|
|19.||"You Raise Me Up"|
|20.||"The Love Album" (photoshoot)|
|21.||"You Raise Me Up" (music video)|
|22.||"When You Tell Me That You Love Me" (music video)|
|23.||"Amazing" (music video)|
|Back Home — iTunes Store tour edition bonus tracks|
|13.||"Hard to Say I'm Sorry"||Peter Cetera • David Foster||Mac||3:56|
|14.||"Get Away"||Mac • Hector||Mac||3:15|
|15.||"Home" (Soul Seekerz remix radio edit)||Bublé • Chang • Foster||Mac • Soul Seekerz||3:36|
|16.||"Total Eclipse of the Heart" (Sunset Strippers remix)||Jim Steinman||Mac • Sunset Strippers||7:42|
|17.||"I'm Already There" (Ashanti Boyz remix)||Baker • McDonald • Myers||Quiz & Larossi • Ashanti Boyz||4:16|
|18.||"Us Against the World" (The Wideboys remix)||Birgisson • Kotecha • Yacoub||Rami & Arnthor • Wideboys||4:34|
|Vocals||:||Nicky Byrne, Kian Egan, Mark Feehily, Shane Filan|
|Executive Producers||:||Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell, Sonny Takhar, Tim Byrne|
|Producers||:||Steve Mac, Chris Law, Dan Pursey, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha, Antour, AJ, Anders Johansson, Josef Larossi, David, Jorgen Elofsson, Louis Biancanello,, Sam Watters, Michael Mani, Jordan Omley|
|Management||:||Louis Walsh Management|
*Numbers in brackets represents the track number on the album.
Charts and certifications
|Country / Region||Date||Format||Label||Catalogue|
|South Africa||26 October 2007||CD, Digital download||RCA Records,
|Ireland||2 November 2007|
|China||5 November 2007|
|Thailand||6 November 2007|
|Europe||7 November 2007||SME-8869717-6702|
|Austria||9 November 2007||88697176702|
|France||21 November 2007|
|Poland||11 February 2008|
|Argentina||22 January 2008||7176702|
- First day sales figures
- UK Music Charts |The Official UK Top 75 albums Archived 7 April 2007 on Wayback Machine.
- BBC Radio 1 - Chart Show - The UK Top 40 Albums
- Back Home at AllMusic
- Channel24 review
- Daily Express review
- Digital Spy review
- Entertainment.ie review
- iAfrica review
- The Daily review
- This Is Aberdeen review
- Muziek downloaden: Westlife - Back Home
- BBC Radio 1 - The UK Top 40 Singles
- Something Right in Asia/Europe
- Tabloid Hell : Spice vs Westlife – Part II | News|NME.COM
- The Sun Online | The Best for News, Sport and Showbiz|The Sun[dead link]
- Spice's West strife - Mirror.co.uk
- "Australiancharts.com – Westlife – Back Home". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Austriancharts.at – Westlife – Back Home" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Westlife – Back Home" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Westlife – Back Home" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "GFK Chart-Track Albums: Week 45, 2007". Chart-Track. IRMA. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "バック・ホーム". Oricon.co.jp. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "Charts.org.nz – Westlife – Back Home". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Westlife – Back Home". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Scottish Albums chart (2007-11-11)". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Westlife – Back Home". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Swisscharts.com – Westlife – Back Home". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Western Weekly Top 20, Week 46, 2007" (in Chinese). G-Music.com. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Westlife | Artist | Official Charts". UK Albums Chart Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "Irish album certifications – Westlife – Back Home". Irish Recorded Music Association.
- "New Zealand album certifications – Westlife – Back Home". Recorded Music NZ.
- "British album certifications – Westlife – Back Home". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Back Home in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
- Take 2 - Westlife - Back Home (CD) - Music
- bol.com | Back Home, Westlife|Muziek
- Westlife - Back Home - Sony Music Entertainment Switzerland GmbH
- 回家 Back Home—SONY MUSIC CHINA
- Westlife / Back Home - Hmv Hong Kong
- [인터넷 교보문고] Back Home
- Back Home: Westlife: Amazon.co.uk: Music
- Westlife Back Home
- [dead link]
- Back Home - Westlife - Musikk - CDON.COM
- Westlife back home 2007 musik - Ginza.se
- Westlife - Back Home - Sony Music Entertainment Austria GmbH
- Westlife - Back Home - Sony Music Entertainment Germany GmbH
- Back Home: Westlife: Amazon.fr: Musique
- Back Home(CD Extra)【CD】-Westlife｜Popular Rock｜Rock & Pop｜Music｜HMV ONLINE Online Shopping & Information Site
- Back Home - Westlife - Płyty - Muzyka w Onet.pl
- Sony Music - WESTLIFE
Long Road Out of Eden by Eagles
|UK Albums Chart Number-one album
11 November 2007
Spirit by Leona Lewis
Blackout by Britney Spears
|Ireland Albums Chart Number-one album
6 November 2007