Back It Up (Caro Emerald song)
|"Back It Up"|
|Single by Caro Emerald|
|from the album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor|
|Released||July 6, 2009|
|Genre||Hip hop, R&B, Jazz|
|Length||3:52 (Album Version)
3:34 (Radio Edit)
3:34 (Madcon Radio Edit)
|Songwriter(s)||Degiorgio, Schreurs, van Wieringen, Veldman|
|Caro Emerald singles chronology|
"Back It Up" is the debut single by Caro Emerald taken from the debut album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor. It was released on 6 July 2009. The single was certified gold by the Federation of the Italian Music Industry.
Emerald was originally hired as the demo singer for the song in 2007, by producers Jan van Wieringen and David Schreurs who had written the song with Robin Veldman and Vincent DeGiorgio. Caro's jazzy vocal style was considered a "perfect match" , but the song remained unused until 2008, when Caro asked if she could add the song to her live repertoire. The immediate reaction inspired van Wieringen, Schreurs, Degiorgio and Emerald to write and produce the album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor, starring Caro Emerald.
In 2008, a music video was directed by Eva Zanen and edited by Jurjen van Blokland and was shot in Café Schiller, Amsterdam. The video features Caro Emerald as barmaid and several old men, presumably guests. While polishing the glasses and serving her guests, Caro Emerald sings and dances together with the old men. There are several scenes that show alcoholic beverages with references to the lyrics of the song as well as gramophones and instruments such as trombones and contrabasses. The video is sepia toned. On July 8 an alternative, 'international', music video premiered. This video features Caro Emerald in a black & white performance, an old newspaper and a black & white film. After the initial success of the song, a new high budget video was shot and released in April 2010.
- Back It Up – EP
- "Back It Up" – 3:52
- "Back It Up" (radio edit) – 3:34
- "Back It Up" (instrumental) – 3:51
- "Back It Up" (a cappella) – 3:25
- Back It Up (Kraak & Smaak Remix) - Single
- "Back It Up" (Kraak & Smaak remix) – 5:26
- Back It Up (Hitmeister D Remix)
- "Back It Up" (Hitmeister D remix) – 4:29
|Belgian Singles Chart (Flanders)||33|
|Dutch Top 40||12|
|German Singles Chart ||70|
|Dutch Singles Chart||100|
|Italian Singles Chart||100|
- "News". Caro Emerald – Official website. Archived from the original on 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Italian single certifications" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana.
- "Caro Emerald - Back It Up - Official Video". YouTube. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Back It Up – EP van Caro Emerald". iTunes (in Dutch). Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Back It Up (Kraak & Smaak Remix) – Single van Caro Emerald". iTunes (in Dutch). Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Back It Up (Hitmeister D Remix) van Hitmeister D Vs Caro Emerald". iTunes (in Dutch). Retrieved 2009-12-12.
- "Dutch Top 40 - week 39" (PDF). αCharts.us. 2009-09-26. Retrieved 2009-12-12.[permanent dead link]
- ":: MTV | Hitlist Germany KW 2 | charts". Mtv.de. 2011-09-22. Archived from the original on 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "dutchcharts.nl - Dutch charts portal". dutchcharts.nl (in Dutch). Hung Medien / hitparade.ch. Archived from the original on 22 November 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "FIMI - Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana - Ricerche e dati di mercato". Fimi.it. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
|This jazz standard or composition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|