Back on Track (Humble Pie album)
|Back on Track|
|Studio album by Humble Pie|
|Released||19 February 2002|
Dec 2001-Jan 2002
|Genre||Rock, Blues rock, Hard rock|
|Producer||Andy Jackson, Dave Colwell|
|Humble Pie chronology|
Back on Track is the eleventh studio album by Humble Pie recorded after Jerry Shirley re-formed Humble Pie in 2001 with a line-up including their original bassist Greg Ridley, guitarist and vocalist Bobby Tench and the new addition of rhythm guitarist Dave "Bucket" Colwell, who wrote or co-wrote seven of the ten tracks on this album. Back on Track was released by Sanctuary in UK and Europe on 19 February 2002. Keyboard players Zoot Money and Victor Martin were brought in for the Back on Track recording sessions. The album was recorded at Jacobs Studios and Astoria Studios and the CD cover cites special thanks to David Gilmour.
The album and band line up had many of the elements which had contributed to Humble Pie's musical chemistry, with two of the original sidemen to Steve Marriott, Shirley and Ridley re-united with well respected former band member Tench. The promotional Back on Track tour of UK and then Germany with Company of Snakes followed and the response to the live shows was encouraging, but Greg Ridley fell ill late in 2002 and the band split up. Back on Track was another example of a Humble Pie album whose sales were limited by the curtailment of tour schedules due to illness.
- "Dignified" (Dave Colwell) – 3:28
- "Real Thing" (Dave Colwell, Lister) – 3:36
- "Trouble" (Greg Ridley) – 4:07
- "Ain't No Big Thing" (Dave Colwell, Jerry Shirley, Bobby Tench) – 3:56
- "Stay One More Night" (Dave Colwell, Hart) – 5:20
- "Still Got a Story to Tell" (Dave Colwell) – 4:12
- "All I Ever Needed" (Dave Colwell) – 3:23
- "This Time" (Jerry Shirley, Huhn) – 3:34
- "Flat Busted" (Jerry Shirley, Huhn) – 3:52
- "Between Old Teddy and Your Mum" (Dave Colwell, Halligan) – 4:16
- Jerry Shirley - Drums.
- Greg Ridley - Bass, vocals.
- Bobby Tench - Guitar, vocals.
- Dave "Bucket" Colwell - Guitar, dobro, mandolin.
- Zoot Money - Piano, hammond organ, vocals on "All I Ever Need", "This Time" and "Flat busted".
- Victor Martin - Hammond Organ on "Real Thing", "Stay One more Night" and "Still Got a Story to Tell".
- John Melling - Piano on "Between Old Teddy and Your Mum".