Back to the Crib
|"Back to the Crib"|
|Single by Juelz Santana featuring Chris Brown|
|from the album Born to Lose, Built to Win|
|Released||December 14, 2009|
|Label||Skull Gang, Def Jam|
|Writer(s)||LaRon James, Chris Brown, Ester Dean, Polow da Don|
|Producer(s)||Polow da Don|
|Juelz Santana singles chronology|
"Back to the Crib" was the second single by American rapper Juelz Santana for his third album Born to Lose, Built to Win. It features American singer-songwriter Chris Brown in their second collaboration since Chris Brown's "Run It!" in 2005. The song was produced by Polow Da Don.
After Chris Brown's publicised abuse case with singer Rihanna, Def Jam president L.A. Reid wanted Trey Songz to sing the chorus instead of Chris however Santana stuck with the chorus done by Chris Brown.
The music video directed by Clifton Bell was released December 14, 2009. Trav, Red Cafe, Tony Yayo, Lloyd Banks, DJ Envy, and Jim Jones appeared in the video. Popular models Kimbella and Rosa Acosta also made appearances in the video.
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||60|
|U.S. Billboard Rap Songs||23|
- Muhammad, Latifah (September 22, 2009) "Chris Brown, Juelz Santa Head 'Back to the Crib' in New Single" The Boombox.
- "Juelz Santana - Back To The Crib Video ft. Chris Brown" Video removed by copyright holder.
- "Chris Brown Was Almost Thrown Off 2009 Juelz Santana Track To Protect Rihanna". Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Top Hip-Hop and R&B Songs & Singles Charts: Week of March 27, 2010". Billboard.com. Retrieved May 14, 2010.
- "Cam'ron Music News & Info". Billboard.com. Retrieved May 14, 2010.
|This hip hop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|