Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up backfire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Back-fire is an unintended explosion produced in a vehicle's engine.
Backfire also may refer to:
Film and television
- Backfire (1950 film), featuring Virginia Mayo and Gordon Macrae
- Backfire (1964 film), starring Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg
- Backfire (1988 film), a movie starring Karen Allen
- Backfire! (film), a 1995 spoof movie starring Josh Mosby and Robert Mitchum
- "Backfire" (CSI: Miami), an episode of the TV show CSI:Miami
- Backfire, a recurring segment on The Daily Show, 1996-1998
- Backfire, NATO reporting name for the Soviet and Russian Tupolev Tu-22M long-range bomber
- Operation Backfire (WWII), the launch of three A4 rockets in October 1945 near Cuxhaven
- Operation Backfire (FBI), an FBI operation against the radical environmental movement
- In economics, in the Jevons paradox, when the rebound effect exceeds 100%
- Backfire!, an arcade game
- Backfire (album), by the Goa trance group Transwave
- Backfire (Transformers), a fictional character
- Controlled burn or backfire, a firefighting technique
- An alcoholic cocktail made of Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlúa, and vodka in equal portions
- Version 10.03 of the OpenWrt firmware
- An occurrence of unintended consequences that are the opposite of the intended result, or detrimental
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Backfire.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.