Backlash (pressure group)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Backlash is an umbrella group formed in 2005 to coordinate opposition to the “Consultation on the possession of extreme pornographic material” issued in the United Kingdom jointly by the Home Office and the Scottish Executive. Its stated belief is that the proposals underlying the consultation represent an unjustified assault on freedom of speech and freedom of expression.
"See no evil" was a forum and wiki provided by Backlash as an independent platform for the discussion of the proposed UK law on the possession of "extreme pornography".
Backlash consists of Feminists Against Censorship, Unfettered, Ofwatch, The Spanner Trust, the Libertarian Alliance, the Campaign Against Censorship, the Sexual Freedom Coalition, the Society for Individual Freedom, SM Dykes and the International Union of Sex Workers.
- "Backlash – Defending freedom of expression and sexual autonomy". www.backlash.org.uk. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- "The defunct Backlash Smartgroup posts have now been archived". Backlash. Archived from the original on 14 April 2008.
- "Junior Lawyer of the Year 2012". The Law Society. 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- 'Extreme' porn proposals spark row
- Violent porn ban 'a memorial to my daughter'
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This BDSM-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|