Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up backup in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Backup is the computing function of making copies of data to enable recovery from data loss.
Backup may also refer to:
- Backup (software), Apple Mac software
- Backup and Restore, Windows software
- Backup software, the software that performs this function
- List of backup software, specific software packages, loosely categorized
- Backup site, part of a disaster recovery plan
Electrical power facilities
- Battery backup, the use of batteries to continue operation of electrical devices in the absence of utility electric power
- Backup battery, similar to above
- Backup generator, the use of a generator to achieve a similar purpose
- Backup band, a band who plays music in support of a lead musician
- Backing vocalist, one who sings in harmony with a "lead vocalist"
- "Back Up" (Danity Kane song), 2006
- "Back Up" (Pitbull song), 2004
- "Back Up" (Dej Loaf song), feat. Big Sean, 2015
- "Back Up" (Snoop Dogg song), 2015
- Backup camera, a camera on the rear of a vehicle, used while moving backwards
- Back-up collision, a type of car accident
- Backing up, driving a vehicle in reverse gear
- Back-up goaltender, an ice hockey team's second-string goaltender
- Backup (TV series), a BBC series about a police Operational Support Unit
- Backup, a 2009 video game by Gregory Weir
- Backup, in sports, a substitute player for a player in the starting lineup
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Backup.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.