Backyard Science is an Australian educational children's television show based on the Dorling Kindersley books. In this series, children experiment with everyday items in order to make something fun and practical and also provide scientific insights in a child's world.
The show is co-hosted by Tarun Victor Gordon and Dana Kronental, is co-produced by Beyond Television Productions and Penguin Television and airs on Australian free-to-air television on both the Seven Network and ABC. The series was composed of more than 78 episodes. Jason Smith was a presenter for some time.
It was broadcast in the USA under the title Crash! Bang! Splat! on the Discovery Family Channel.
The show is broadcast in overseas markets including:
- Serbia (Nauka iz dvorišta) Ultra (TV channel)
- Croatia (Dvorište znanosti)
- Czech Republic (Věda je zábava)
- Germany (WOW - Die Entdeckerzone)
- Hungary (Da Vinci Learning)
- India (Disney India, Hungama TV and National Geographic Channel)
- Israel (LOGI Channel, Titled as 'Mitahat Laaf')
- Malaysia (Astro TVIQ)
- Pakistan (PTV)
- Poland (Da Vinci Learning)
- Romania (Da Vinci Learning)
- Russia (Da Vinci Learning)
- Turkey (Da Vinci Learning and Yumurcak TV)
- UK (Toonami and POP!) have carried the English-language episodes; a Scots Gàidhlig version, Saidheans Sporsail, hosted by Allen MacDonald and Kerry Anne MacLeod, airs on BBC Alba.
- USA (Discovery Family, under the title Crash! Bang! Splat!)
Backyard Science has also been sold to broadcasters in these countries:
Russia, Serbia, USA, Latin America, Colombia, Canada, France, Italy, Malta, Finland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brunei, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, South Africa, the Middle East, and Israel.
- abc.net.au Program Outline
- Backyard Science's channel on YouTube
- Backyard Science at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|