This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bacon jam is a bacon-based relish, similar to the Austrian starter Verhackert. It is made through a process of slow cooking the bacon, along with onions, vinegar, brown sugar and spices, before mixing in a food processor.
Bacon jam, like other fruit jams, requires a certain level of sugars to be officially labelled 'jam'.
Bacon jam is made by slow cooking a combination of bacon, onions, brown sugar and vinegar, then blitzing the mixture in a food processor and putting into jars. Variations on this recipe include altering the cooking time between 2 and 6 hours and adding other ingredients such as maple syrup, garlic, a variety of spices and bourbon.
Without the sweeteners the recipe bears some similarity to the Austrian dish, Verhackert. Verhackert is a spread of minced bacon, combined with garlic and salt. A traditional dish, the preparation of bacon takes place over two months, which includes freezing the meat two to three times. Once the meat is ready, it is minced with the other ingredients and pressed into a terrine. Verhackert is served cold with bread as an appetizer.
- Skillet Street Food, a gourmet burger van in Seattle.
- Terrapin Ridge Farms produces gourmet condiments including a Hot Pepper Bacon Jam 
- For the Love of Bacon, started in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia, produces bacon jam and distributes across Australia. Known for being completely gluten, dairy and preservative free.
- The Bacon Jams, a gourmet food producer in the Philadelphia area, which sells at festivals and nationwide online.
- Pub 1842, a restaurant located in the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, uses bacon jam on the Peanut Butter Crunch Burger
- Cowleys fine foods, a small independent producer based in Wales, have introduced a variant of bacon jam containing Jack Daniel's to the British public.
- Bieres et Compagnie in Montreal make their own Bacon Jam.
- Hardee's/Carl's Jr. uses bacon jam on their Bacon Three way Thickburgers.
- Bacon Jam not just for breakfast. Inside South Australia. Retrieved 8 May 2017.