Bacuag, Surigao del Norte
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Map of Surigao del Norte with Bacuag highlighted
|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Surigao del Norte|
|District||2nd district of Surigao del Norte|
|• Mayor||Sheila Mae Orquina Cebedo|
|• Total||95.85 km2 (37.01 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||150/km2 (390/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)86|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||10,619 voters as of 2016|
The town of Bacuag is situated along the north-eastern coast of Mindanao, along the eastern part of the province of Surigao del Norte. It is bounded on the north-western portion by the town of Placer and on the north-eastern portion by Hinatuan Passage. On the south-western side, it is bounded by the town of Guigauit. On the western side, it is bounded by the town of Tubod and Alegria. Bacuag is 44 kilometres (27 mi) from the provincial capital Surigao City.
Along the south-western and north-eastern portions of the municipality are 44% mountainous areas covering portions of Barangays Cambuayon, Pongtud, Dugsangon and Sto. Rosario. The arability and crop suitability of these areas are limited and allowable urban development is of low density. These are best suited for pasture and forestal purposes. A large portion of plain area covers the east and north-eastern part covering portions of Poblacion, Campo, Cabugao, Pautao and parts of Dugsangon and Payapag. Approximately 26% of these 8,256 hectares is suited for intensive agriculture and high density urban development. The remaining 30% is also suited for intensive agriculture but with soil conservation and erosion control measures. Allowable urban development ranges from high to medium density.
Certain areas in the municipality are considered flooding hazard covering 13% of the total municipal area. These are located along and near river and sea banks, located in some portions of Barangays Cabugao, Campo, Payapag, Pongtud, Cambuayon and Poblacion with flood occurrences ranging from slight to moderate.
- Santo Rosario
|Population census of Bacuag|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Since Bacuag is a coastal town, fishing is the primary economic source among local residents.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Province: Surigao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- Bacuag.com - Province of Surigao del Norte
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System