Blu-Ray Disc cover
|Directed by||Chris Brinker|
|Produced by||Chris Brinker|
|Written by||Jonathan Hirschbein|
|Music by||John Fee|
|Distributed by||Mandalay Vision|
Bad Country (also known as Whiskey Bay) is a film based on a true story starring Matt Dillon, Willem Dafoe, Amy Smart, and Tom Berenger. The film started shooting in Baton Rouge and Angola, Louisiana on August 7, 2012.
When Baton Rouge police detective Bud Carter arrests contract killer Jesse Weiland, he convinces Jesse to help the police to destroy the South's most powerful crime ring. When the syndicate orders Carter's death and Weiland is identified as an informant, the two team up to fight the mob and catch the crime boss who ordered the hit.
The film was in post-production when director Chris Brinker died suddenly on February 8, 2013. Brinker was to be presented with the Robert Smalls Indie Vision Award at the 7th annual Beaufort, South Carolina International Film Festival in February 2013.
- Matt Dillon as Jesse Weiland
- Willem Dafoe as Bud Carter
- Tom Berenger as Lutin
- Amy Smart as Lynn Weiland
- Bill Duke as John Nokes
- Neal McDonough as Kiersey
- Kevin Chapman as Morris
- Christopher Denham as Tommy Weiland
- Chris Marquette as Fitch
- Don Yesso as Captain Bannock
- Alex Solowitz as Buzz McKinnnon
- John Edward Lee as Catfish Stanton
- Jean Moolman as Hank Jones
- Alberico, Danielle (April 11, 2014). "Burn-jobs in a Bad Country: Interview with Writer Jonathan Hirschbein". MovieMaker.
- Scott, Mike (August 16, 2012). "Matt Dillon, Willem Dafoe join cast of Baton Rouge-shot 'Whiskey Bay'". The Times-Picayune.
- "'Boondock Saints' producer Chris Brinker dies suddenly from aortic aneurysm". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- "'Boondock Saints' Producer Chris Brinker Dead At 42". Inquisitr. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
|This article about a 2010s crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|