Bad Day on the Midway
|Bad Day on the Midway|
|Release||October 31, 1995|
The game was optioned by Ron Howard at Imagine Television for a proposed series to be directed by David Lynch. After two years of meetings with Lynch, the project was dropped because a script was never agreed upon. Had the project moved forward, The Residents would have not been creatively involved as their contract only gave them consulting roles in the pilot.
The player can switch between the various game characters in order to solve a number of puzzles. The game features gameplay elements from point-and-click adventures and has alternative narrative lines, with definite fixed story elements.
The gameplay is centered around discovery via the different characters and to understand the storyline as a whole, it is necessary to complete the game multiple times. The game is time-limited and decisions made by the player influence the game's timer.
The game won the 1995 'Macrovision International User Conference Award' in two categories – Best Entertainment Title and Most Innovative Use of Multimedia.
- "The City of Absurdity: David Lynch, PICTURE FACTORY". www.thecityofabsurdity.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Historical - The Residents". www.residents.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "The Residents: Bad Day on the Midway - Infosite - About the Game & Gameplay". www.wegneronline.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- Clarkson, Mark (May 1996). "Psychedelic Carny". Computer Gaming World (142): 125, 127.
- Jones, Brett (August 1996). "Bad Day on the Miday". PC Gamer US. Archived from the original on March 11, 2000.
- St. John, Donald (March 1996). "The Residents' Bad Day on the Midway". PC Entertainment. Archived from the original on November 12, 1996.
- Graves, Gaye L. (February 19, 1996). "Bad Day on the Midway". NewMedia. Archived from the original on July 14, 1997.
- "Press Room - The Residents". www.residents.com. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- Bad Day on the Midway at The Underdogs
- Bad Day on the Midway at MobyGames
- Infosite on "Bad Day on the Midway" with character descriptions, tech help and game hints
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|