Bad Dragon was founded in June 2008. Jan "Varka" Mulders, one of the four co-founders (the others being "Athus", "Narse", and "Raith"), started making sex toys in his college dormitory in Scotland the previous year. The company is now based in Phoenix, Arizona.
As of November 2017[update], Bad Dragon offers 61 dildos, 20 penetrable toys, 4 "Wearables" (essentially a penis extension), 5 Packers, 5 Lil' Vibes (smaller dildos that company a small bullet vibrator), 5 Lil' Squirts (very small dildos that are meant for testing the Cumtube feature), and various accessories and merchandise. All of their dildos are made of platinum-cured silicone. The company's products are aimed at fantasy fans, including dragons, horses, orcas, chimeras, and werewolves. The website used to give a biography and picture for each character. As of August 15, 2017[update], the website now has only picture of the sex toy in question and a description of the details about the physical attributes of the sex toy, although registered users can activate "Fantasy Mode", which replaces standard product descriptions and product photos with stories, descriptions, and images that include references to fantasy or anthropomorphic themes. Bad Dragon also offers a 3-D interactive model to view certain area of each sex toy. Products are cast by hand and can be extensively customized, with a choice of colors including special requests, of firmness, and of dildo length; customers can also submit their own designs, of which one is chosen for special production every month (Although, to date, Bad Dragon has not been selecting new toys from the Bad Dragon Labs every month as said in the article). Dildos can be ordered with a suction cup that is actually a concave area on the bottom of the dildo, and a Cumtube to simulate ejaculation; the company sells "Cum Lube".
In popular culture
- Donohue, Caitlin (September 20, 2012). "Werewolf beats all: Interview with the CEO of fantasy sex toy site Bad Dragon (NSFW)". San Francisco Bay Guardian.
- O'Connor, Brendan (July 1, 2014). "Bad Dragon's green dildos are firing up the fantasy-sex market". The Daily Dot.
- Sciortino, Karley (June 1, 2011). "Enter the Dragon". Vice.
- Cleland, Jake (July 2, 2014). "Giant dragon dildos are real and they're spectacular". The Vine. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 2015-04-05.
- Davis, Allison P. (July 2, 2014). "The Cut: Make Your Game of Thrones Sex Fantasy Come True". New York magazine.
- Gale, Hannah (July 2, 2014). "These dildos are shaped to look like dragon penises, and we're pretty terrified". Metro.
- Shrayber, Mark (July 1, 2014). "Here's the Giant Dragon Dildo You've Been Writing Erotic Fan-Fic About". Jezebel.
- Fortey, Ian (May 18, 2009). "18 More of the World's Most Disturbing Sex Toys #12. The Drippy Dragon". Cracked.com.
- Mühlbauer, Peter (March 7, 2015). "Über den Raum in die Zeit". Telepolis (in German). Heise Online.
- Higgins, Chris (May 1, 2016). "'Traceroute,' A Documentary about Nerds and Annihilation". Mental Floss.