Bad Guys (TV series)
Promotional poster for Bad Guys
|Also known as||Bad Boys|
|Genre||Police procedural |
|Written by||Han Jung-hoon|
|Directed by||Kim Jung-min|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Executive producer(s)||Park Ho-shik|
|Camera setup||Single camera|
|Production company(s)||Urban Works Media|
|Original network||Orion Cinema Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||October 4– December 13, 2014|
|Related shows||Bad Guys 2|
Bad Guys (Hangul: 나쁜 녀석들; RR: Nappeun Nyeoseokdeul) is a 2014 South Korean television series starring Kim Sang-joong, Park Hae-jin, Ma Dong-seok, Jo Dong-hyuk and Kang Ye-won. It aired on OCN from October 4 to December 13, 2014 on Saturdays at 22:00 for 11 episodes.
Detective Oh Gu-tak will use any means necessary to catch criminals, and his ambiguous moral line often results in him getting suspended for excessive force. Gu-tak comes up with a plan to form a team of "bad guys" to work on cases and hunt down other criminals, and with the rising number of violent crimes in their district, ambitious police inspector Yoo Mi-young signs off on the arrangement. Gu-tak releases three convicts from jail to form his team: Lee Jung-moon is the youngest member of Mensa with a genius IQ of 165 and doctorate degrees in math and philosophy, but behind his boyish facade is a psychopath serial killer; Pak Un-Cheol is a mob boss who crushed his way to the top of the gangster chain in 25 days, and still remains top dog in prison; and Jung Tae-soo was once a hired hit man who never made a single mistake, but suddenly confessed and turned himself in one day.
- Kim Sang-joong as Oh Gu-tak
- Ma Dong-seok as Pak Un-Cheol
- Park Hae-jin as Lee Jung-moon
- Jo Dong-hyuk as Jung Tae-soo
- Kang Ye-won as Yoo Mi-young
- Kang Shin-il as Nam Gu-hyeon
- Min Ji-ah as Park Seon-jeong
- Hwang Seung-eon as Yang Yoo-jin
- Park Jung-hak as Lee Doo-kwang
- Kim Tae-hoon as Oh Jae-won
- Ki Se-hyung as Kang Doo-man
- Kim Jae-seung as Woo Hyun-woo
- Kim Sung-hoon as Lee Seok-jin
- Son Se-bin as Hyun-woo's fiancee
- Jeon Jin-seo as Kim Young-joon
- Seo Hye-jin as Shin So-jung
- Nam Sung-jin as Kim Dong-ho
- Park Jung-woo as Son Moon-ki
- Park Hyo-jun as Yoon Chul-joo
- Park Sung-taek as Kim Do-shik
- Nam Tae-boo as Korean-Chinese man
- Kim Byung-choon as Serial killer obsessed with blood
- Lee Yong-nyeo as Hwang Kyung-soon
- Jang Seon-ho as Park Jong-seok
|04||2014-10-25||Too Many Bad Guys||3.55%|
|05||2014-11-01||Reason for Murder||3.78%|
|07||2014-11-15||In the Line of Fire||3.33%|
|10||2014-12-06||The Knife Is Dancing||3.31%|
|11||2014-12-13||Back to the World||4.13%|
Awards and nominations
|51st Paeksang Arts Awards||Best Director (Television)||Nominated|
|8th Korea Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor||Nominated|
- Jeon, Su-mi (9 July 2014). "Park Hae Jin to Transform into Genius Psychopath in New Drama Bad Guys". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Lee, Sun-min (10 July 2014). "Park continues TV run with Bad Boys". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Park, Gyu-oh (3 September 2014). "Park Hae-jin reveals creepy teaser of Bad Boys". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Park Hae-jin, Ma Dong-suk go 'manly adorable'". The Korea Herald. 5 October 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- iflix Malaysia (9 September 2015). "September 2015 Korean Titles on iflix". Retrieved 31 March 2018 – via YouTube.