Bad Love (TV series)
Promotional poster for Bad Love
|Also known as||Cruel Love|
|Written by||Lee Yoo-jin|
|Directed by||Kwon Kye-hong|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||60 minutes on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 (KST)|
|Original channel||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Original run||3 December 2007– 5 February 2008|
|Preceded by||Evasive Inquiry Agency|
|Followed by||Single Dad in Love|
|Revised Romanization||Motdoen Sarang|
Bad Love (Hangul: 못된 사랑; RR: Motdoen Sarang) is a 2007 South Korean television drama series starring Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Yo-won, and Kim Sung-soo. It aired on KBS2 from December 3, 2007 to February 5, 2008 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 20 episodes.
Na In-jung struggles with her love between the rather cold and rebellious Yong-ki and a successful businessman, Soo-hwan. Kang Yong-ki is a pop culture artist. He was separated from his first love, Jo Ann, and still carries the wound that he suffered from their relationship. His half sister is Joo-ran who is married to Soo-hwan. Soo-hwan begins an affair with In-jung but he only has ambition for the CEO position of Yong-ki's father's company. Soon after he discovers that his ambition does not fill the emptiness that he has inside and realizes he needs In-jung. But In-jung and Yong-ki have already fallen in love with each other. Will In-jung go back to her first love or stay with Yong-ki?
- Kwon Sang-woo as Kang Yong-ki
- Lee Yo-won as Na In-jung
- Kim Sung-soo as Lee Soo-hwan
- Cha Ye-ryun as Park Shin-young / Jo Ann
- Kim Ga-yeon as Kang Joo-ran, Soo-hwan's wife and Yong-ki's half-sister
- Park Geun-hyung as Chairman Kang Woo-taek, Yong-ki's father
- Song Ok-sook as Lee Jin-sook, Joo-ran's mother
- Kim Chang-wan as Hwang In-soo
- Bang Eun-hee as Park Chan-sook
- Kim Min-jung as Soo-hwan's mother
- Choi Yong-min as In-jung's father
- Yu Ji-in as In-jung's mother
- Choi Sung-min as Yoon Sil-gang
- Jung Woo as Han Jung-woo
- Kim Hyang-gi as Lee Mi-so, Soo-hwan's daughter
- Yoon Hee-seok as Yong-ki's friend
- Lee Ha
- Lee Joo-seok
|2007-12-11||04||11.6% (14th)||11.8% (12th)|
Under the title Cruel Love, it aired in the Philippines beginning June 22, 2009 on the GMA Network. The Tagalog-dubbed version was re-aired twice worldwide on GMA Life TV from April 7, 2014 to June 11, 2014 and November 17, 2014 to January 21, 2015.
- "Lee Yo-won to costar Kwon Sang-woo in Bad Love". Broasia via Hancinema. 22 October 2007. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- Oh, Jean (31 December 2007). "Bad Love has good Christmas". The Korea Herald via Hancinema. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "TV Drama Starring Kwon Sang-woo Big Hit in Japan". KBS Global. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "Designer Park Jin-woo Stirs Comedy With Style". The Chosun Ilbo. 24 December 2007. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- "Cruel Love will premiere this Monday, June 22". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 21 June 2009. Retrieved 2014-01-18.