Bad Luck Brian
Bad Luck Brian
Craven in the "Bad Luck Brian" photo he is known for
August 10, 1989
|Education||Archbishop Hoban High School|
|Known for||Bad Luck Brian meme|
Kyle Craven (born August 10, 1989), commonly known by his Internet nickname "Bad Luck Brian", is an American Internet celebrity known for his ubiquitous photo posted on Reddit in 2012, which quickly became a popular Internet meme.
Craven's popularity originated from his intentionally "ridiculous" high school yearbook photo posted to the social news website Reddit by his friend Ian Davies on January 24, 2012 at 2:15 UTC. Craven and Davies both attended Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron, Ohio.
The photo quickly became a popular image macro on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, depicting "a guy who can’t catch a break [...] a symbol for a stroke of hilarious bad luck" and was turned into T-shirts, stuffed animals and novelty items sold by Walmart and Hot Topic. Volkswagen and other companies paid to use his picture in their advertising campaigns. Craven stated that he rubbed his face to redden it and adopted an obnoxious smile. Craven works for his father's construction business building churches.
- Contrere, Jessica (January 5, 2015). "Being Bad Luck Brian: When the meme that made you famous starts to fade away". The Washington Post. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- "Bad Luck Brian". Reddit. Reddit. Archived from the original on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "Washington Post profiles Cuyahoga Falls native behind 'Bad Luck Brian' meme". Cleveland.com. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Gidan, Jenn (January 6, 2015). "An Internet Meme's Real Life: Building Churches". Newser. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- "Anatomy of a meme: The real story of Bad Luck Brian, his viral class portrait and the fleeting nature of online fame". National Post. January 6, 2015. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- McDonald's (2018-10-05), Trick. Treat. Win!: Bad Luck Brian | McDonald's, retrieved 2018-10-09
- on 's channelYouTube
|This biographical article about someone involved with the Internet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|