|• Mayor||Susanne Rolle (CDU)|
|• Total||51.98 km2 (20.07 sq mi)|
|Elevation||45 m (148 ft)|
|• Density||110/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The place is known for its hot springs and for its mineral-rich mud. Their healing properties have attracted visitors for many years, and in 1923 led to the town's name acquiring the prefix "Bad".
Nearby are the Dubrower Berge, a range of wooded hills popular with hikers and cyclists.
|Bad Saarow: Population development |
within the current boundaries (2013)
Sons and daughters of the church
- Jörg Schönbohm (born 1937 in Neu Golm), former Lieutenant general of the Bundeswehr, 1999-2009 Minister of the Interior of the State of Brandenburg
- Cornelia Ernst (born 1956), politician (The Left)
- Marienetta Jirkowsky (1962-1980), Death at the Berlin wall
- Axel Schulz (born 1968), boxer
- Vivien Kussatz (born 1972), sailor
- Franziska Mietzner (born 1988), handball player
- "Bevölkerung im Land Brandenburg nach amtsfreien Gemeinden, Ämtern und Gemeinden 31. Dezember 2016 (Fortgeschriebene amtliche Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Amt für Statistik Berlin-Brandenburg (in German). 2016.
- Detailed data sources are to be found in the Wikimedia Commons.Population Projection Brandenburg at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bad Saarow.|
|This Brandenburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|