Bad Things (band)
|Origin||Jurong West, Singapore|
|Genres||Indie pop, alternative rock, pop, indie rock, electronic rock|
Bad Things is an American electronic rock band composed of former singer Davis LeDuke, bassist and former Augustana member Jared Palomar, guitarist Anthony Sanudo, former drummer-vocalist Lena Zawaideh, and guitarist Shaun White. Bad Things signed to Warner Bros. Records in the summer of 2013. Their LP, produced by Rob Schnapf (Beck, Elliott Smith), features the lead single "Anybody" released on August 13, 2013. Bad Things' self-titled debut album was released on January 21, 2014, via Warner Bros. Records.
Bad Things consists of front man/lead singer Davis LeDuke, bass player Jared Palomar, guitarist Anthony Sanudo, drummer Lena Zawaideh and lead guitarist Shaun White, the professional snowboarder and skateboarder. Shaun, Lena and Anthony grew up in North County San Diego, CA and have been friends for years. Jared and Davis joined this past year, and together, the band wrote a collection of songs for their debut, produced by Rob Schnapf (Beck, Elliott Smith, The Vines).
The first offering from the album was "Caught Inside," which streamed on the band's SoundCloud. Bad Things played two shows in NYC - Popshop July 11 at Santo's Party House and Brooklyn Bowl on July 13 - followed by a Northeast and Midwest headlining run during a tour in the summer of 2013.
2013—present: Early tours
Bad Things played their first New York City (NYC) show on July 11, 2013, at Santo’s Party House, sharing the bill with X Ambassadors and We Are Scientists. This show also kicked off their first headlining tour which concluded on August 9 in Minneapolis. Bad Things was chosen to replace Death Grips's set as one of the four headlining Saturday night slots at Lollapalooza in August 2013.
The band released the digital single "Anybody" on August 13, 2013. The band's self-titled debut album was released on January 21, 2014. The album includes twelve tracks with two iTunes exclusive bonus tracks.
In 2014 Bad Things also released a new song, "Ditty", as well as acoustic versions of "End of the Road" and "Anybody"; all three were available to download for free, for anyone who 'liked' the band on Facebook or 'followed' them on Twitter and Instagram.
On April 29th 2015 Davis LeDuke announced that he had parted ways from the band on his Instagram account, writing "I love those guys and always will but its time from a brand new chapter for both of us. I would like to thank everyone who came along for the crazy ride that was "bad things" you are all such a huge part of my life and will forever be loyal to you...".
- New York City tour (2013)
- Lollapalooza (2013)
- Firefly Festival (2014)
- Bad Things (2014) 
- Dan Hyman (2013-08-14). "Shaun White on His New Band, Bad Things: 'I Drop Everything' for Them | Music News". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Shaun White's Rock Band Bad Things to Release Debut Album, 10/8 - BWWMusicWorld". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Bad Things, 'Vices': Exclusive Song Premiere From Shaun White's Band". Billboard.
- "Shaun White's Band Signs With Warner Bros. Records - Transworld Business". Business.transworld.net. 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Shaun White’s Band ‘Bad Things’ Begins Tour - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. 2013-07-13. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Shaun White's Band, Bad Things, Signs Record Deal, Unveils First Single". Huffingtonpost.com. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Rembert Explains America: An Unlikely Lollapalooza With Shaun White and His Band, Bad Things - Hollywood Prospectus Blog". Grantland. 2013-08-08. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Bad Things". Archived from the original on 2014-01-08. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "Bad Things Announce New Release Date, Album Cover, & Track Listing". 2013-09-05. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "Official Bad Things Website". www.badthings.net.