Bad boy archetype
The stereotypical "bad boy" was described by Kristina Grish in her book Addickted as "the irresistible rogue who has the dizzying ability to drive women wild" with a "laissez-faire attitude about life and love".
An article in The Independent compared the term "bad boys" with men who had a particular combination of personality traits, sometimes referred to as a "dark triad" of Machiavellian traits, and reported that a study found that such men were likely to have a greater number of sexual affairs.
- Boy next door (stock character)
- Chad (slang)
- Dark triad
- Nice guy
- Playboy (lifestyle)
- Tall, dark and handsome
- Jacobs, Laura (21 February 2013). "The Evolution of the Hollywood Bad Boy". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Bell, Noel (18 April 2016). "Better understand your attraction to the bad boy". Counselling Directory. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Kristina Grish, Addickted: 12 Steps to Kicking Your Bad Boy Habit (2007) p. xiii
- Connor, Steve (June 19, 2008). "Why women really do love self-obsessed psychopaths". The Independent. London. Retrieved April 26, 2010.