Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)
|District||South 24 Parganas |
|Municipal corporation||Kolkata Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Diamond Harbour|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Metiaburuz|
Badartala is a neighbourhood of Kolkata city in West Bengal state of India. It is situated at the eastern bank of Hooghly River. Adjoined neighbourhoods are Rajabagan (east), Metiabruz (south east), Akra Phatak (south). Ayub Nagar Basti, Birjunala, Bagdipara, Jeliapara, Siraj Basti are some localities (bastis) of the neighbourhood.
Watgunge Women police station, located at 16, Watgunge Street, Kolkata-700023, covers all police districts under the jurisdiction of the Port division i.e. North Port, South Port, Watgunge, West Port, Garden Reach, Ekbalpur, Nadial, Rajabagan and Metiabruz.
Jadavpur, Thakurpukur, Behala, Purba Jadavpur, Tiljala, Regent Park, Metiabruz, Nadial and Kasba police stations were transferred from South 24 Parganas to Kolkata in 2011. Except Metiabruz, all the police stations were split into two. The new police stations are Parnasree, Haridevpur, Garfa, Patuli, Survey Park, Pragati Maidan, Bansdroni and Rajabagan.
Badartala post office is located near Badartala High School at Dr. Abdul Khabir road (Crossing railway line road).
Badartala is slowly growing ahead in educational field. There is no college available for the matric passed students in their area. Students need to travel for college study. Some schools are:
- Sahapur Sabitri Vidyalaya
- Badartala High School
- Badartala Madhyak Balika Vidyalaya
Transport is poor in the area. It is not connected well with other parts of the city by bus or any other type of transport. There is a private bus service no. 12 which goes to Esplanade via Metiabruz, Garden Reach, Kidderpore and Hastings.
Health and medical facilities
The area has a government hospital named Garden Reach State General Hospital with previously having poor arrangement and facilities. The government haS taken certain measures and reconstructed the hospital in a large one with a good facilities. It shares its premises with the Nadial police station of the area .
Kolkata honour killing (2012)
On 7 December 2012 a man beheaded his younger sister in public, with a sword. He then walked to the Nadial police station with his sister's head and the sword. Scores of residents looked on in horror as he walked to a police station with the head in his left hand and the sword in his right, dripping blood all along the way. The police said the man asked to be charged and that he confessed to killing his sister for an extra-marital relationship.
- "South 24 Parganas district".
- "web.archieve.org" (PDF).
- Badartala Map MapsOfIndia.com | Last Updated on : 9/07/2013
- "Kolkata Police". Port Division. KP. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "Midnight change of guard – 17 more police stations come under Lalbazar". The Telegraph. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Pincode Search Archived 2015-03-11 at the Wayback Machine Indiapost.gov.in
- GardenReach State General Hospital India Health Information & Services | tuugo.in
- Kolkata: Man beheads sister over extra-marital affair Ibnlive.com |8 December 2012 07:31 am
- Honour killing in Kolkata: Man beheads sister in public view, takes severed head to police station Timesofindia.com | 8 Dec 2012, 03.47AM IST