This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||426 m (1,398 ft)|
|• Rank||4 in HP|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||01795 (Nalagarh)|
|Vehicle registration||HP 93 (Nalagarh)|
Baddi is an industrial town and a Nagar parishad in the southwestern Solan district of Himachal Pradesh, India. The town lies on the border of Himachal Pradesh and Haryana states in the Shivalik Hills, around 35 kilometres west of Solan.
Baddi's geographic coordinates are  The town is situated at an average elevation of 426 metres (1397 ft)..
According to the 2011 Census of India, Baddi town had a population of 29,911 with 19,332 males and 10,579 females. There were 3,883 children below the age of six years. The sex ratio and child sex ratio of the town stood at 547 and 831 respectively. The literacy rate was 86.33%, higher than the state average of 82.80%.
Pharmaceutical and Industrial Hub
Baddi is home to multiple pharmaceutical companies which have established manufacturing plants and R&D hubs in the town. The town is Asia's biggest Pharmaceuticals hub and is home to some of the largest pharmaceutical companies such as Cipla, Cadila Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Ranbaxy Laboratories, etc.
Baddi houses a total of 2,120 factories belonging to leading pharma, FMCG and textile companies among others and which generate an annual turnover of Rs 60,000 crore. Baddi employs one-third of all persons engaged in Himachal's medium and large industries. In terms of revenue, the town contributes half of the state's total revenues generated from industries.
Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies is one of the most prominent private universities in the state. Some other educational institutes in and nearby Baddi are:
- IEC University
- Baddi Institute of Management Studies
- Case Group of Institutes
- Bhojia Dental College and Hospital
- Bhojia Institute of Nursing
- "Baddi Population Census 2011". Census 2011 India. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. STD Codes for cities in Himachal Pradesh
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Baddi
- "With Rs 30K cr turnover, Baddi emerges global pharma hub". The Indian Express. 2016-05-06. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- "What India's five manufacturing hubs expect from Modi government to kick-start growth". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-01-17.