This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||426 m (1,398 ft)|
|• Rank||4 in HP|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||01795 (Nalagarh)|
|Vehicle registration||HP 93 (Nalagarh)|
Baddi is an industrial town and a Nagar parishad in the southwestern Solan district of Himachal Pradesh, India. The town lies on the border of Himachal Pradesh and Haryana states in the Shivalik Hills, around 35 kilometres west of Solan.
Baddi's geographic coordinates are  The town is situated at an average elevation of 426 metres (1397 ft)..
According to the 2011 Census of India, Baddi town had a population of 29,911 with 19,332 males and 10,579 females. There were 3,883 children below the age of six years. The sex ratio and child sex ratio of the town stood at 547 and 831 respectively. The literacy rate was 86.33%, higher than the state average of 82.80%.
Baddi is home to multiple pharmaceutical companies which have established manufacturing plants and R&D hubs in the town. The town is Asia's biggest Pharmaceuticals hub and is home to some of the largest pharmaceutical companies including Cipla, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Cadila Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Ranbaxy Laboratories, and Manjushree Technopack.
Baddi houses a total of 2,120 factories belonging to leading pharma, FMCG and textile companies among others and which generate an annual turnover of Rs 60,000 crore. Baddi employs one-third of all persons engaged in Himachal's medium and large industries. In terms of revenue, the town contributes half of the state's total revenues generated from industries. In April, 2019, the department of commerce undertook inauguration of Engineering Exports Promotion Council office in Nalagarh inaugurated by Mr. Prashant Deshta- Sub-Divisional Magistrate Nalagarh (SDM) to ease up International Export in the region.
Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies is one of the most prominent private university in the state. Some other educational institutes in and nearby Baddi are:
- IEC University
- Case Group of Institutes
- Bhojia Dental College and Hospital
- Bhojia Institute of Nursing
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
- Institute of Engineering and Emerging Technologies (IEET)
- Institute of Pharmacy and Engineering Sciences (IPES)
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS)
- Maharaja Agrasen University
- ICFAI University
- NS Parashar Institute of Professional and Technical Education
- Maharaja Agrasen School of Architecture and Design
- "Baddi Population Census 2011". Census 2011 India. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. STD Codes for cities in Himachal Pradesh Archived 26 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Baddi
- "With Rs 30K cr turnover, Baddi emerges global pharma hub". The Indian Express. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "What India's five manufacturing hubs expect from Modi government to kick-start growth". The Economic Times. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "बद्दी में निर्यात काउंसिल केंद्र का शुभारंभ". Dainik Jagran (in Hindi). Retrieved 14 August 2019.