Baden is a historical German territory. Together with Württemberg and the former Prussian province of Hohenzollern, two other historical territories, it currently forms the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg.
Following the dissolution of the old Duchy of Swabia, Baden underwent a history which can be summarized as follows:
- Margraviate of Baden (1112–1806)
- Electorate of Baden (1803–06)
- Grand Duchy of Baden (1806–1918)
- Republic of Baden (1918–45)
After World War II this territory was subdivided between Württemberg-Baden and Baden. Finally, the state of Baden-Württemberg was formed in 1952.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baden.|
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- History of Baden
- List of states in the Holy Roman Empire
- Province of Hohenzollern