|Focus city for||Ryanair|
|Elevation AMSL||408 ft / 124 m|
Baden Airpark (IATA: FKB, ICAO: EDSB), or Flughafen Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden in German (as Baden Airpark refers to the entire area containing other business tennants as well), is a minor international airport located in Rheinmünster in the state of Baden-Württemberg in Germany, 40 km (25 mi) south of Karlsruhe, 12 km (7.5 mi) west of Baden-Baden and 25 km (16 mi) north of Strasbourg, France.
As of 2010, it was the second-largest airport in Baden-Württemberg after Stuttgart Airport, and the 18th-largest in Germany with 1,192,894 passengers per year and features low-cost and leisure flights.
Early years as a military airport
The construction of a military airfield began in December 1951 at a location between the Black Forest and the Rhine River under the supervision of French Air Force. The runway and associated facilities were completed by June 1952. The airfield was granted to Canadian forces and became a military base, RCAF Station Baden–Soellingen, later renamed CFB Baden–Soellingen, from 1953 until 1994.
The newly founded Baden Airpark GmbH took over the former military to develop it into a regional airport. Technically the airport itself today is part of the actual Baden Airpark, which also includes business facilities.
On 25 October 2011 Ryanair announced it would open its 47th base at Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden in March 2012 with two based aircraft and 20 routes. In addition to Ryanair's then existing 12 routes Ryanair opened seven additional routes to Faro, Málaga, Palma, Riga, Thessaloniki, Vilnius and Zadar.
Baden Airpark consists of one passenger terminal building equipped with 20 check-in counters and eight departure gates as well as some shops and restaurants. The apron features eight aircraft stands of which most can be used by mid-sized aircraft such as the Boeing 737. Due to the location of the terminal building busses are used for boarding.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter flights at Baden Airpark:
Seasonal: Palma de Mallorca, Rimini
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Express Airways||Seasonal charter: Split (begins 17 May 2015)|
|Freebird Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Germania||Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion
Seasonal: Agadir, Funchal
operated by Eurowings
|Ryanair||Alicante, Bari, Girona, London–Stansted, Porto, Rome–Ciampino
Seasonal: Cagliari, Gran Canaria, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Thessaloniki, Trapani, Zadar
|Tailwind Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|TUIfly||Seasonal: Antalya (begins 13 May 2015), Fuerteventura (begins 11 May 2015), Las Palmas (begins 3 May 2015), Heraklion (begins 23 May 2015), Hurghada (begins 2 May 2015), Kayseri (begins 8 July 2015), Kos (begins 23 May 2015), Palma de Mallorca (begins 1 May 2015), Rhodes (begins 14 May 2015), Tenerife-South (begins 1 May 2015)|
|Turkish Airlines||Istanbul-Atatürk (begins 30 June 2015)|
The airport can be reached via motorway A5 which leads from Hesse to Switzerland (Exit Baden-Baden). There are local bus connections to Karlsruhe, Heidelberg, Baden-Baden and Rastatt as well as their respective train stations.
- "EAD Basic". Ead.eurocontrol.int.
- Baden Airpark, official site
- "Business und Gewerbepark". badenairpark.de.
- Traffic statistics Airport Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden. Retrieved 6 March 2011.
- "Unternehmen (in German)". baden-airpark.de.
- "(in German)". airliners.de.
- "Service am FKB". badenairpark.de.
- "Nonstop-Flüge vom FKB nach Split". aerosieger.de. 1 March 2015.
- "Germania Flight Schedule / 30.12.2014 - 01.11.2015" (PDF). Germania.
- "Germania Adds New Routes to Tel Aviv from March 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Germanwings greift InterSky an – Austrian Aviation Net". Austrianaviation.net. 18 December 2013.
- "Sommerflugplan 2015". baden-airpark.de. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Turkish Airlines kommt nach Karlsruhe". touristik-aktuell.de. 5 March 2015.
- "Anreise und Parken". badenairpark.de.
Media related to Baden Airpark at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Accident history for FKB at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for EDSB at NOAA/NWS