Badger Mountain (Colorado)
The mountain viewed from the Wilkerson Pass visitor center
|Elevation||11,295 ft (3,443 m) |
|Prominence||1,561 ft (476 m) |
|Isolation||6.32 mi (10.17 km) |
|Location||Park County, Colorado, U.S.|
|Parent range||Front Range, South Park Hills|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map|
Badger Mountain is a mountain summit in the South Park Hills of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The 11,295-foot (3,443 m) peak is located in Pike National Forest, 9.6 miles (15.5 km) northwest by west (bearing 300°) of the community of Lake George in Park County, Colorado, United States.
Badger mountain is the most prominent mountain of the Puma Hills area, overlooking nearby Wilkerson Pass. It borders the edge of the Lost Creek Wilderness. Badger Mountain road allows motor vehicles access to the summit.
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- "WILKERSON". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- The elevation of Badger Mountain includes an adjustment of +1.462 m (+4.80 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Badger Mountain, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- "Badger Mountain". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|