Badi Hani Baltagi (born August 20, 1954) is a Lebanese-American economist who specializes in econometrics. He is a Distinguished Professor of Economics in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University, where he is also a senior research associate in the Center for Policy Research. He has published more than 200 articles, several of which are highly cited. He is also the part-time Chair of Economics at the University of Leicester. He is a co-editor-in-chief of Economics Letters and Empirical Economics.
Education and career
A native of Lebanon, Baltagi received his Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1979. His previous positions include the George Summey Jr. Professor of Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University and Professor of Economics at the University of Houston. He has also been a visiting professor at the University of Arizona and the University of California, San Diego.
Honors and awards
Baltagi has been a fellow of the IZA Institute of Labor Economics since 2002. In 2018, he was awarded the Kuwait Prize in Economics and Social Sciences by the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences.
- Congress, The Library of. "Baltagi, Badi H. (Badi Hani)". Library of Congress Name Authority File. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Badi Baltagi, Distinguished Professor, Economics, Center for Policy Research". The Maxwell School of Syracuse University. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Prizes". Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Badi H. Baltagi". IZA Institute of Labor Economics. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Baltagi awarded 2018 Kuwait Prize in Economics by KFAS". The Maxwell School of Syracuse University. 11 December 2018. Retrieved 7 February 2019.