Badoura State Forest

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Badoura State Forest
Map showing the location of Badoura State Forest
Map showing the location of Badoura State Forest
Geography
Location Cass and Hubbard Counties, Minnesota, United States
Coordinates 46°50′20″N 94°42′45″W / 46.8388°N 94.7125°W / 46.8388; -94.7125Coordinates: 46°50′20″N 94°42′45″W / 46.8388°N 94.7125°W / 46.8388; -94.7125
Area 4,520 acres (1,830 ha)
Established 1963
Governing body Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Cass/Hubbard Counties, Private
Website www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_forests/sft00002/index.html
Ecology
WWF Classification Western Great Lakes Forests
EPA Classification Northern Lakes and Forests
Dominant tree species Pinus banksiana

The Badoura State Forest is a state forest located in Cass County and Hubbard County, Minnesota, United States. 85% of the forest is managed by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, with the remaining 15% managed privately and by the counties. Over half of the forest land is wetlands interspersed with Jack pine.

Outdoor recreation activities include hiking and backcountry camping.[1]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "Badoura State Forest". Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. 2010-08-16. Archived from the original on 24 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-16.