Sarkhel Para, Baduria
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Body||Baduria Municipality|
|• Municipality Chairman||Tusher Singha|
|Elevation||8 m (26 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Baduria|
Baduria is located at  It has an average elevation of 8 metres (26 feet)..
Baduria police station covers an area of 218 km2 and serves a population of 305,000. It has jurisdiction over Baduria municipal area and Baduria CD Block. It has two outposts: Baduria town outpost and Puro outpost. There is a totally unfenced international border stretching across 2.5 km.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Baduria had a total population of 52,493, of which 26,799 (51%) were males and 25,694 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 5,185. The total number of literates in Baduria was 38,770 (81.95% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Baduria had a population of 47,418. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Baduria has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 55% of the males and 45% of females literate. 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Baduria Dilip Kumar Memorial Institution (co-educational), Baduria L.M.S. High School (co-educational) and Baduria L.M.S. Girls High School (girls only) are higher secondary schools located in Baduria.
Rudrapur (Baduria) Rural Hospital with 60 beds functions as the main medical facility in Baduria CD Block. There are primary health centres at Dakshin Chatra (with 6 beds), Jadurhati (with 6 beds), and Model Belghoria (Bajitpur PHC with 10 beds).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baduria.|
Baduria picture gallery
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Baduria
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 481: Map of Baduria CD Block, also showing Baduria municipal area. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "North 24 Parganas Dist. Police". Know Your Police Station. District Police. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- Google maps
- "Exam Venue". West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 29 May 2018.