Location in São Paulo state
|Mesoregion||São José do Rio Preto|
|Microregion||São José do Rio Preto|
|• Mayor||Edmur Pradela|
|• Total||110 km2 (40 sq mi)|
|Elevation||510 m (1,670 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (390/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BRT/BRST (UTC-3/-2)|
|Area code||+55 17|
Bady Bassitt is a municipality in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. The population is 16,359 (2015 est.) in an area of 110 km². The town is located 7 km from São José do Rio Preto. The municipality belongs to the Microregion of São José do Rio Preto.
In 1908, Bady Bassitt was a village named Borboleta (butterfly). In this year, a road coming from Rio Preto was open. Camilo de Morais opened the first store in Borboleta, in 1912.
On February 13, 1914, the village of Borboleta was officially established, and on December 12, 1926, the village was elevated to district of Rio Preto.
On February 18, 1959, the municipality of Borboleta is officially established, and in 1963, the name was changed to the current form, an homage to Bady Bassitt, a politician from São José do Rio Preto.
- Mirassol, northwest
- São José do Rio Preto, northeast
- Nova Aliança, southwest
- Potirendaba, south
- Cedral, southeast
The municipality features several streams:
- Córrego Borá
- Córrego dos Macacos
- Córrego Borboleta (Main stream)
- Area: 108.5 km²
- Population density: 134.54/km² (IBGE/2010) - 222.90/km² (SEADE/2011)
- Urbanization: 93.5% (2010)
- Sex ratio (Males to Females): 98.2 (2011)
- Birth rate: 11.8/1,000 inhabitants (2009)
- Infant mortality: 5.95/1,000 births (2009)
- Homicide rate: 0.0/100 thousand ppl (2008)
- HDI: 0.812 (UNDP/2000)
The Tertiary sector is the economic basis of Bady. Commerce, services and administration corresponds to 60.5% of the city GDP. Industry is 35.2% of the GDP, and the Primary sector corresponds to 4.1%.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística
- "History of the City on the Prefecture Site". Badybassitt.sp.gov.br. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Municipal Profile at SEADE". SEADE.gov.br. Archived from the original on 23 August 2011. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Population at "Censo 2010"" (PDF) (in Portuguese). IBGE.gov.br. Retrieved 7 Jul 2011.