Région du Bafing
|Motto: "La Renaissance du Bafing"|
Location of Bafing Region (green) in Ivory Coast and in Woroba District
|2000||Established as a first-level subdivision via division of Worodougou Region|
|2011||Converted to a second-level subdivision|
|• Prefect||Benoît Yao Kouakou|
|• Council President||Diomande Lassina|
|• Total||8,650 km2 (3,340 sq mi)|
|• Density||21/km2 (55/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Bafing Region is one of the 31 regions of Ivory Coast and is part of Woroba District. The region's seat is Touba. The region's area is 8,922 km², and its population in the 2014 census was 183,047.
Departments and geography
Bafing Region was created in 2000 as a first-level administration region of the country. It was formed by splitting-off Touba Department from Worodougou Region. Koro Department was created as a split-off from Touba Department in 2008.
As part of the 2011 reorganisation of the subdivisions of Ivory Coast, Bafing was converted into a second-level administrative region and was added to the new first-level Woroba District. No territorial changes were made to Bafing as a result of the reorganisation, but a third department—Ouaninou Department—was created by splitting Touba Department again.
|Population||107 886||148 813||205 339||183 047|
- "Préfets de Région et de Préfets de Département (Conseil des ministres du mercredi 26 septembre 2012)", abidjan.net, 2 October 2012.
- "Bafing", gouv.ci, accessed 23 February 2016.
- "Côte d'Ivoire". geohive.com. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Districts of Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)". Statoids.com. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Décret n° 2011-263 du 28 septembre 2011 portant organisation du territoire national en Districts et en Régions.