|This article does not cite any references (sources). (April 2012)|
|Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)|
|Metro Railway Stations||Kavi Subhash|
|KMC Wards||101, 102, 109, 110|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
Baghajatin (Bengali: বাঘাযতীন) is a locality in the city of Kolkata. It is located in the southern part of the city and is surrounded by Ballygunge and Jadavpur in the north, Hiland Park in the east, Garia in the south and Kalabagan in the west. The locality is referred to as the middle-class and currently growing very well-off, upper-middle-class people's locality in South Kolkata. Though it is surrounded by its rich and famous areas, over the it still remains primarily a nice upper-middle-class neighbourhood. Apart from its critical location in south Calcutta, it is also a place inhabited by prominent people with strong social and cultural background. The two most important landmarks that signify this locality are the Baghajatin railway station, its bus terminal and the E.M. Bypass which are the lifeline of this locality and its USP.
- বাঘাযতীন উচ্চ বালক বিদ্যালয় (Baghajatin Higher Secondary School For Boys).
- বাঘাযতীন উচ্চ বালিকা বিদ্যালয় (Baghajatin Higher Secondary School For Girls).
- বাঘাযতীন সন্মিলিত উচ্চ বালিকা বিদ্যালয় (Baghajatin Sanmilita Higher Secondery School for Girls)
- South Pioneer Academy.
- Baghajatin State General Hospital
- IRIS Hospital
- Angel Nursing Home
- Dr Sinha Nursing Home
Non Ac Bus
- S4B Haridevpur - New Town
- S5 Garia - Howrah Station
- S15G Baruipur - Dakshineshwar
- S51 Garia - Eden City Maheshtala
Public Bus Routes
- 45 Patuli - Airport Gate No.1
- 45A Garia Station - Gouripur
- 45B Garia Station - Sealdah Station
- 13C Baghajatin - Old Dakghar
- 17B Baghajatin - Howrah Station
- 218 Baruipur - Babughat
- 80B Esplanade – Garia
Social Organizations and Club
- Baghajatin Vivekananda Milan Sangha ( বাঘাযতীন বিবেকানন্দ মিলন সংঘ)
- Tarun Sangha
- Maitri Samsad
- Baghajatin Central Club
Places of interest
- Sammilani Mahavidylaya.
- Big Bazaar, Hiland park and Ganguly Bagan.
- Patuli Jheel
- Ramthakur Ashram