Baghmundi (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||35. Purulia|
|Electorate (year)||191,991 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 240 Baghmundi (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Jhalda municipality; Jhalda I and Baghmundi community development blocks; Hetgugui and Sirkabad gram panchayats of Arsha community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Baghmundi |
|Forward Bloc||Mangal Mahato||59,814||38.21||+2.33|
|Amra Bangalee||Pashpati Mahato||838|
.# Swing calculated on Congress and Forward Bloc vote percentages in 2006 in the now defunct Jhalda constituency.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||7|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 3 (See template talk page for details)
While in 2011 Baghmundi is a newly created constituency in West Bengal, it was there in independent India’s first election in 1951. The areas now part of Purulia district were then part of Bihar. Sirish Chandra Banerjee of Lok Sewak Sangh won the Baghmundi seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- "Baghmundi". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-22.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Baghmundi. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Baghmundi. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-27.