Bagodar (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Elevation||356 m (1,168 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kodarma|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bagodar|
Bagodar is located at at an elevation of 356 m from MSL.
Bagodar intermediate panchayat covers the following gram panchayats: Adwara, Algdiha, Amnari, Atka (E), Atka (W), Bagodardih(E), Bagodardih(W), Bagodih, Bandkharo, Bandkharo, Barwadih, Beko (E), Beko (W), Chichaki, Chirua, Choudharybandh, Dewradih, Dharguli, Donadlo, Ghutiyapesra, Hesla, Jarmune (E), Jarmune (W), Kailatand, Keshwari, Khetko, Koeridih, Kudar, Kushmadih, Kushmarja, Mandramo(E), Mandramo(W), Mandro, Mokamo, Nagar Keshwari, Nawadih, Oura, Parsiya, Pokhariya, Purnidih, Sabalpur, Sariya (E), Sariya (N), Sariya (W), Sariya Khurd, and Trila.
Tapovan - hot water source in Jamunia River
As per 2011 Census of India Bagodar CD Block had a total population of 158,094, all of which were rural. There were 80,722 males and 77,372 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 16,360 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 3,798.
In 2001 Bagodar community development block had a population of 236,482, out of which 117,697 were males and 118,785 were females. 83,962 persons were literate.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Bagodar CD Block was 83,704 out of which 52,368 were males and 31,366 were females.
Bagodar stands at the crossing of National Highway 2 and National Highway 100. The nearest railway station, Hazaribagh Road, is located 13 kilometres (8.1 mi) from Bagodar. There is Parasnath railway station around 20 km from Bagodar.
Mica and coal are mined in Bagodar CD Block.
- State Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Jharkhand Gramin Bank
- Co-operative Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank Of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Punjab National Bank
- High School Atka. Website:- (http://high-school-atka.ga/)
- High School Bagodar
- Gyanodya Public School,Bagodar
- Children's Guide Academy School Bagodar
- Primary girls school Bagodar(Niche Bazaar)
- Govt.Basic School Bagodar
- Girls High School
- Govt Teachers Training College
- Beko High School (Gopald)
- Arun Kumar Memorial School Residential
- Ram Krishna Vivekanand college of education
- Model School
- Ghaghra Science College
- Swami Dayanand Public School
- Gyanodaya Public School
- J.C.Bose High School (Residential)
- St. Thomas Public School
- Gayatri Vidya Mandir
- Ram Krishna Vivekanand Vidyalaya
- Jharkhand Public School
- Sardar Ballabh Bhai Patel High School Mahauri
- Gyandeep coaching centre, Atka, Bagodar
- High School Hesla
- Manan Vidya, Mahuri, Bagodar
- Bhawna Edutech Tutorial, Block more , Bagodar
High School Hesla is located at Hesla in Bagodar block. This school was started at the time (1984) when education in rural areas was not accessible to all who wished to study; only one middle school was there at Hesla and so studying further was a night mare and only people who could afford to go to cities were able to study further. There was no high school for almost a radius of 15 Kilometers. Students came to school on their bicycles or by walking the distance. It helped the girls to study further. The monthly fee for a student is not more than Rs. 45. There are around 500 students currently studying, where there are 9 teachers who are highly qualified and experienced since they all have got almost 20 – 25 years of teaching experience. The school management consists some of the most respected and educated members of the Village and due to their endless effort school has got some of the class rooms (7 rooms) provided by local politicians. Now the school which was started under a mango tree has got roof on the students' heads due to the collaborative effort of some of the teachers and principal who donated their entire life for this school.
- G.T Road Sonturpi
- Muslim mohalla
- Krishna Nagar
- Vivek Nagar
- Mahavir nagar(Niche bazar Bagodar)
- Ghaghra (badkadih)
- Atka (Laxibagi)
- Yamuna Nagar
- Hesla (Gendodih)
- Shiv Nagar (Harihar dham)
- Kranti Club Jarmune
- Sonturpi club (Satrudhan Sahu)
- Savera Sporting Club
- Mahavir Friends Club (Niche Bazar)
- Bagodardih Cricket Club
- Youth Cricket Club
- Prem Mahuri Cricket Club (G.T.Road)
- Harihardham (Baba dham)
- Banhe Baba Jarmune
- Durgamata Mandir (Atkadih,DMUAA)
- Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Mahavr Mandir (Niche Bazaar)
- Shakti Mandir
- Gupt Nath Dham
- Sai Mandir, Bagodar
- Surya Mandir, Hazaribag Road,Bagodar
- Vaishno Devi Mandir,Hazaribag Road, Bagodar
- "Jharkhand gets five new sub-diviions". HT Ranchi. Hindustan Times, 4 March 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Bagodar, India page". Falling Rain Genomics. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "Village Panchayat Names of BAGODAR,GIRIDIH,JHARKHAND". National Panchayat Directory,Panchayat Informatics Division,NIC. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- Lister, Edward. "Hazaribagh". p. 9. Google books. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Name and Situation" (PDF). Jharkhand Forest Division. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "CD Blocks of Giridih". Bagodar. Govt. of Jharkhand. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "Giridih". Bagodar. District Administration, Giridih. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|