|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Baghpat district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Baghpat|
|• Total||1,321 km2 (510 sq mi)|
|• Density||880/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||65.65 per cent|
Baghpat district (Hindi: बाग़पत ज़िला, Urdu: باغپت ضلع) is one of the 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Baghpat town is the district headquarters. This district covers an area of 1321 km². The district has a population of 1,163,991.
Baghpat is the major city in the National Capital Region. There is a sugar mill in Baghpat. Sugarcane, wheat, mustard, and vegetables are grown in Baghpat district. The nearby Yamuna river flows to the west of Baghpat.
Baraut is known for Digambar Jain College and Jat College (now called Janta Vedic college). It is famous for the Rim & Dhura and the agricultural implements industries. A well known old family of Baraut was the Ganga Ram Kishorilal family who owned agricultural land and had several mills including the Ganga Oil Mill, which was famous for its pure mustard oil in the preindependence period and till the 1960s. Badagaon is another well known village famous for its Digamber Jain temple.
Baghpat district is divided into 3 tehsils: Baghpat, Baraut and Khekra. The Baghpat tehsil comprises two blocks: Baghpat and Pilana. The Baraut tehsil comprises three blocks: Binauli, Chhaprauli, Baraut. The Khekra tehsil comprises only the Khekra block. Baghpat, Baraut and Khekada are the major towns in this district. The District Magistrate and Collector's offices have been recently constructed in Baghpat.
There are three Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha constituencies in this district: Chhaprauli, Baraut and Baghpat. All of these are part of Baghpat Lok Sabha constituencycurrent chairman Rajudin malik, Current MLA of Baghpat Smt. Hemlata Choudhary and MP Dr. Satyapal Singh.
The Most famous villages of the Baghpat district are: Chhaprauli(from where prime minister Charan Singh hailed),Panchi, KIRTHAL, Budhera (Gurjar), Gothra, Pilana,Khatta BICHPADI PAST MLA MASHYA SH. CHAJJU SINGH FROM KHEKRA VIDHAN SABHA PrahladpurDhikauli,Katha,Noorpur, Sujra, Bazidpur, Harsana,Mandola,Khekra,Badagaon,Dundahera,Pabla,Nirpura,Khedi Jatt,Budhsani Ahir, Nawada Ahir, Singhawali Ahir, Saidhbar Ahir, Pura Mahadev, Dagarpur,Norozpur Goojar,Fakharpur,Mitli,Sisana,Katha,and Bharal. The Baghpat district is also infamous for its criminal activities. Some villages like Budhera have very good literacy there are many government employee in this village. There are various groups of criminals also known as "Giroh" who are currently active in this region. Even besides all of this Baghpat is considered to be one of " The best places to live in" because of its very green and healthy environment. Baghpat is also one of the most productive districts in the field of sugarcane production. Baghpat is also the home town of Ajit Singh who is the son of former Indian Prime Minister of India "Ch. Charan Singh", also known as " kisano ka masheeha". Talking about the political virtue of the district, Baghpat is considered to be the safest parliamentary seat for RLD supremo Ch. Ajit Singh. He has been M.P. from this district many times. The main education hub of Baghpat is in Baraut. There are the famous janta vedic college and the Digamber Jain college.
The Kirthal village contains one of the ancient gurukul, namely ARYA MAHA VIDYALAYA, which is reminiscent of ancient Indian education system.
According to the 2011 census Baghpat district has a population of 1,302,156, roughly equal to the nation of Mauritius or the US state of New Hampshire. This gives it a ranking of 376th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 986 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,550/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 11.87%. Baghpat has a sex ratio of 858 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.54%.
Baghpat is situated on the bank of the Yamuna. Some of Baghpat's tourist spots are:
- Jain Mandir (Bada Gaon)
- Jain Temple Baghpat
- Pakka Ghat Mandir Baghpat
- Seeta Mata Mandir, Baleni
- Langde Ki Bageechi, Baghpat (Shiv temple)
- Yamuna Ghat
- Gufa Wale Baba Ka Mandir
- Pura Mahadev Mandir
- Bhole Ki Jhaal
- Barnawa Ka Sanskrit Gurukul
- Barnawa Jain Mandir
- Barnawa-Dera Sacha Sauda
- Dhan Dhan Satguru Tera Hi Aasra
- Nageshwar Baba Ka Mandir
- Chakbandi baba
Some of the colleges located in Baghpat are:
- Christu Jyoti Convent High School (ICSE)
- Shri Yamuna Inter College (UP board)
- Jain Junior High School (UP board)
- Sarvodya public school, CBSE since 2002.
- Shri K. S. ITI College
- Shri Nehru Inter College, Pilana, Baghpat
- Shilchand Inter College, Ammi Nagar Sarai, Baghpat
- Neta Ji Subhash Smark Inter College, Budhsani Ahir, Baghpat
- DAV Public School (CBSE)
- JAT (Janta Inter) College (UP board) (Vill-Sujra)
- Phoolwati Institute of Law (Baghpat)
- JagMohan Institute of Management and Technology
- Samrat Prithviraj Degree college (Baghpat)
- Vanjaksh Institute & Coaching Academy (Baghpat)
- SHIER Medical Institute (Baghpat)
- Digambar Jain College (Baraut)
- JAT (Janta Vedic) College (Baraut)
- Hajrilal Institute of Education and Technology, Khaila Ratul (Baghpat)
- Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Daha (Baghpat)
- Sunrise Institute of Professional Studies, Gauripur Jawahar Nagar (Baghpat)
- Vivekanand High School, Gotra
- D. N. Inter College, Khatta Prahladpur, Baghpat
- Seith Tarif Singh Jain Degree College, Khatta Prahladpur, Baghpat
- M. G. M. Inter College, Dhikauli (Baghpat)
- G. D. Public School, Gauripur Jawahar Nagar 250619 (Baghpat)
- D.A.V. Inter college, Agarwal Mandi Tatiri 250601 (Baghpat)
Tehsils in Baghpat
In Baghpat there are 3 Tehsils
Blocks in Baghpat
In Baghpat there are 6 Blocks
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Hampshire 1,316,470
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bagpat district.|
||Panipat district, Haryana||Shamli district|
|Sonipat district, Haryana||Meerut district|
|North West Delhi district, NCT||Ghaziabad district|