The Bahamas Bowl is a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)-sanctioned Division I college football bowl game played in Nassau, Bahamas at the 15,000-seat Thomas Robinson Stadium on December 24. The first game was played in 2014.
Sponsored by the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen restaurant franchise, the game is officially known as the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl.
The game will feature a team from the Mid-American Conference in 2014 through 2016. In 2014 and 2015, the opponent will be from Conference USA and in 2016 it will be from the American Athletic Conference.
The Bahamas Bowl is the first postseason FBS bowl game outside of the United States or Canada between two U.S. teams since the January 1, 1937 Bacardi Bowl in Havana, Cuba.
Wins by conference
- ^ http://www.statisticbrain.com/college-bowl-game-payouts/
- ^ "MAC Announces Creation of the Bahamas Bowl in 2014". Mid-American Conference. October 14, 2013. Retrieved November 28, 2013.
- ^ a b c d "Inaugural Bahamas Bowl set for December 24, 2014". Bahamas Bowl Communications. May 14, 2014. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- ^ "It's Conference USA Against the MAC In The Inaugural Bahamas Bowl". Bahamas Bowl Communications. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- ^ "Popeyes Announced as Title Sponsor of Popeyes Bahamas Bowl". Bahamas Bowl Communications. August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- ^ "College Football Playoff Highlights 2015-16 Bowl Schedule". ESPN Media Zone. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- ^ "ESPN College Football – Bowl Schedule and Commentators, College GameDay, College Football Awards, Division I Football Championship and More". ESPN Media Zone. Retrieved December 10, 2014.