Bahamas International Film Festival
Founder & Executive Director Leslie Vanderpool, created the Bahamas International Film Festival in 2004. The Bahamas International Film Festival (BIFF) is a non-profit organized film festival that presents a diverse set of films from around the world to the local Bahamian community and international visitors.
The 14th edition of the festival will be held in December 2017.
The Bahamas International Film Festival (BIFF) continues to showcase excellence in presenting The Bahamas as a premier film destination to the international cinematic community. Apart from showcasing 1000+ local and international films, we have introduced our culture to more than 1 million film professionals and enthusiasts from around the world and have injected into The Bahamas an economic impact of over $25 Million dollars in 13 years.
Bahamas International Film Festival has branded itself as one of the most important destinations of people associated with the film industry and "an important stop on the international film festival circuit".
BIFF is one of the only organizations that advertises the film industry in The Bahamas to thousands of filmmakers from around the globe and makes an investment to bring the industry to our shores. It is the only organization that showcases Bahamian Films to the world’s stage. A selection of these films can be found on our BIFF News Link http://bintlfilmfest.com/news/press_item/99
BIFF also organizes a youth film workshop that aims at providing young Bahamians access to resources on filmmaking.
BIFF was listed among the 25 coolest film festivals in the world by moviemaker.com.
- "Bahamas International Film Festival". FilmFestivalLife.com. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "Curtain closes on film festival". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- Tsang, Denise; Kazeroony, Hamid H.; Ellis, Guy (2013-06-19). The Routledge Companion to International Management Education. Routledge. ISBN 9781134112425.
- "thebahamasweekly.com - RBC sponsors $10,000 to 2016 BIFF Youth Film Workshop". www.thebahamasweekly.com. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "'Carol', 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' bookend Bahamas fest". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "The 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World, 2015 - MovieMaker Magazine". 2015-09-02. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "Bahamas Film Fest Taps 'Total Recall' Writer for Residency Program". Retrieved 2016-09-01.
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|