Bahar Pars (2015)
28 March 1979|
Bahar Pars (Persian: بهار پارس) (born 28 March 1979) is an Iranian-Swedish actress and director.
Bahar was born in Shiraz, Iran, and came to Trelleborg, Sweden in 1989 with her family after the war of Iran and Iraq. Between 2003 and 2007 she studied to become an actress at Teaterhögskolan in Stockholm (nowadays Stockholms dramatiska högskola).
Pars has had several roles in plays and also several films. She made her film debut in the 2006 film När mörkret fallet. In 2008 she performed the role of Nina in Farnaz Arbabis Måsen at Backateatern. At Uppsala stadsteater Pars played the title roles in the plays Anna Karenina in 2010, the stage version of Låt den rätta komma in 2011, and Hedda Gabler in 2013.
In 2014, Pars acted in the Jonas Hassen Khemiris play Jag ringer mina bröder as the character Valerie, at Kulturhuset Stadsteatern. In November the same year she performed the monologue play På alla fyra at Kilenscenen at Kulturhuset Stadsteatern. The newspaper Svenska Dagbladet reviewed Pars' performance favourably and described it as "she had total control of her ways of expressions". Outside of acting, Pars has also directed and been one of the creators Nyårsklockan, in which fifteen female culture-personalities appear.
In 2015, she was awarded the Medea Award with the citation "In her own personal way Bahar Pars widens the ways to play classical female roles and bring them into our present time". She had the leading role as Bertha in the play Marodörer at Dramaten in 2015.
Pars married Linus Tunström and the couple has a daughter born in 2011.
- 2008 Åkalla
- 2008 Kungamordet
- 2010 Drottningoffret
- 2014 Den fjärde mannen
- 2015 Arne Dahl: En midsommarnattsdröm
- 2016 Finaste familjen
- 2016 Vårdgården
- 2006 When Darkness Falls
- 2009 Knäcka
- 2010 Kommissarie Winter
- 2010 Fredlösa
- 2010 Händelse vid bank
- 2015 A Man Called Ove
- 2016 Zon 261
- "Var tvungen att spela henne". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Bahar Pars, skådespelare, 2003" (in Swedish). Stockholm University of the Arts. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Bahar Pars får sitt genombrott med Rolf Lassgård i publikfilm "En man som heter Ove"". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Klar för sin roll". Situation Stockholm (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Teater - Hedda Gabler - Recension - Kultur". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- ""Låt den rätte komma in" på Uppsala Stadsteater, Ettan". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Jag ringer mina bröder". Kulturhuset Stadsteatern (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Jag ville skapa en ny typ av kvinna. En kvinna som inte förhåller sig till männen". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Bakom kulisserna nyårsklockan i ny tappning av Bahar Pars och Dimen Abdulla" (in Swedish). rodeo.net. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- |utgivare=Medeapriset Medeapriset - Bahar Pars medeapriset.se. Retrieved 16 January 2016
- Anna Ångström (17 November 2015). "Marodörer gör upp med kulturmannen". Svenska Dagbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- ""Tjuvheder" en Guldbaggefavorit" (in Swedish). hn.se. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
Media related to Bahar Pars at Wikimedia Commons