- J.D., New York University School of Law
- M.P.A., Columbia University
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania
Azmy is notable for his wide number of publications, and for undertaking a role in the Center for Constitutional Rights attempts to provide legal assistance to the captives the Bush administration is holding in extrajudicial detention in the Guantanamo Bay detention camps in Cuba. Azmy was the lawyer for Guantanamo captive Murat Kurnaz. Azmy shared his experiences defending Kurnaz on the Peabody Award-winning episode of This American Life entitled "Habeas Shmabeas".
- "biography". Seton Hall University. Retrieved January 14, 2007.
- Jane Mayer (July 4, 2005). "The Experiment". The New Yorker. Archived from the original on 2 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-14.
- Baher Azmy. "documents presented to Murat Kurnaz Administrative Review Board – pages 64–66" (PDF). Department of Defense. Retrieved January 14, 2007.
- "Lawsuit challenges Defense Department's withholding of transcripts that could exonerate former Guantanamo Bay detainee". Seton Hall University. December 21, 2006. Retrieved January 14, 2007.[dead link]
- Baher Azmy. "Baher Azmy v. Department of Defense" (PDF). Seton Hall University. Retrieved January 14, 2007.[dead link]
- Show Description for This American Life episode #310: Habeas Shmabeas
- Transcript of This American Life episode #310: Habeas Shmabeas
|This biographical article about an American legal academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|