|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Bahraich district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||[[Bahraich (Lok Sabha constituency)|Bahraich|
|• Total||4,696.8 km2 (1,813.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||740/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||51.1 per cent|
|Major highways||Nh28C ,SH96|
|Average annual precipitation||1710 mm|
Bahraich was in historic Awadh. The district was part of the Nanpara Taluqdari ruled by a succession of Rajas who owned more than three hundred villages in the district and all the forests. A large part of the education system as well as major roads and hospitals were legacies of the late Raja Sadat.
Bahraich borders Nepal districts Bardiya to the northwest and Banke to the northeast. The rest of Bahraich is surrounded by other districts in Uttar Pradesh: Lakhimpur and Sitapur on the west, Hardoi to the southwest, Gonda to the southeast, and Shravasti to the east.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Bahraich one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Bahraich district has a population of 3,478,257, This gives it a ranking of 90th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 706 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,830/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001–2011 was 46.08%. Bahraich has a sex ratio of 891 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 51.1%.
Bahraich is among the Muslim majority districts of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Bahraich is a category "A" district i.e. having socio-economic and basic amenities parameters below the national average.
- St. Peter Inter College, Nanpara
- Milli Higher Secondary School Jarwal town
- Soft Solutions Competition Academy, Parth Market
- Sanjivani group of educational institute
- Buddhha Public School
- Sant Pathik Senior Secondary School
- The Kisan Post graduate College.
Mr.Shailesh Singh Shailu [Student Leader] President Students Union (KISAN P.G. College Bahraich) Contact no. 7800972007
Sarvoodaya Degree College Mihinpurwa, Sarvoodaya Inter College Mihinpurwa
Seventh Day Adventish, Bahraich
Barrows Blue Bells Bahraich
Guru Kripa Divine Grace Public School
Care Nursery English School ( Play group to 8th)
- City Montessori School (C.M.S.)
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- MINUTES OF THE 34th MEETING OF EMPOWERED COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AND APPROVE REVISED PLAN FOR BALANCE FUND FOR THE DISTRICTS OF GHAZIABAD, BAREILLY, BARABANKI, SIDDHARTH NAGAR, SHAHJANPUR, MORADABAD, MUZAFFAR NAGAR, BAHRAICH AND LUCKNOW (UTTAR PRADESH) UNDER MULTI-SECTORAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN MINORITY CONCENTRATION DISTRICTS HELD ON 22nd JULY, 2010. No. 3/64/2010-PP-I, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS
|Wikisource has the text of the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article Bahraich.|