Bahria Icon Tower
|Bahria Icon Tower|
Location within Karachi
|Location||Bahria Town Icon tower, #5, Block 4, Shahrah-e-Firdousi, Clifton, Karachi, Pakistan|
|Cost||USD 162.5 million|
|Roof||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Arshad Shahid Abdullah (Pvt.) Ltd.|
|Main contractor||Habib Rafiq (Pvt.) Ltd.|
Bahria Icon Tower is a skyscraper located on the coast of the Arabian Sea in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. The complex includes a 62-storey and 40-storey mixed-used buildings, its 62 storey tower is the tallest building in Pakistan. The complex is based on a four acre plot in the up-scale Clifton area. The complex is owned by the Bahria Town Group.
The building consists of 10 floors of serviced corporate offices, 40 floors of serviced apartments, Pakistan's highest located terraced restaurant and South Asia's first double-decker high speed elevator along with a shopping mall.
Honors & awards
The design won architectural design awards for efficient use of space and maximization of utility, including:
- Highly commended high-rise architecture, International Property Award winners from Asia Pacific 2012.
- D4Sys. "Welcome to Costveyors (Pvt.) Ltd.- Bahria Town Icon". Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Khurram Shahzad (January 22, 2016). "Country's tallest building 'Bahria Town Icon' inaugurated in Karachi". Daily Pakistan. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Sam Neymra (January 24, 2016). "Country's Tallest Building Bahria Icon Tower Inaugurated In Karachi". TheNewsTrack. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- Mangi, Faseeh. "In the 'Best Hidden' Frontier Market, a Boom Signals a Pakistan Revival". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Executive Summary" (PDF).
- "90% work completed of Bahria Town Icon, will be inaugurated today - Pakistan - Dunya News". dunyanews.tv. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Pakistan's tallest building 'Bahria Town Icon' inaugurated". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- "Infrastructure development: It's time to fly over Clifton - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2015-05-01. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- Faiza Ilyas (July 23, 2014). "Outcry over Clifton high-rise, traffic project during Sepa hearing". Dawn Media. Dawn. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "بحریا آئيکون پر آتشبازی". Jang group. Daily Jang. January 25, 2016. Archived from the original on 25 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Asia Pacific 2012". Retrieved 17 December 2015.