Bahujan Vikas Aaghadi
|Lok Sabha leader||n/a|
|Rajya Sabha leader||n/a|
|ECI Status||Registered Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
0 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
0 / 243
Formerly, it was known as Vasai Vikas Aghadi but it was renamed later. BVA is based amongst the vadaval community. The party leader is Hitendra Thakur, a former Independent candidate and current member of the Maharashtra legislative assembly.
Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election
In 2014 Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election, Bahujan Vikas Aghadi increased its tally to 3 seats form Boisar where Vilas Tare & Nalasopara where Kshitij Thakur & Vasai where Hitendra Thakur won the election. Kshitij Thakur was suspended from assembly for beating an onduty constable.
Vasai Virar Municipal Corporation
In 2015, The BVA swept the Vasai Virar Municipal Corporation polls by winning 106 seats. Vasai elected its first woman Mayor, Pravina Thakur representing the Bahujan Vikas Aghadi. Pravina Thakur is also wife of Hitendra Thakur, MLA from Vasai.
- "List of Politicawastel Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013" (PDF). India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- Marpakwar, Prafulla (22 May 2009). "CM okays plan for civic body in Virar belt". The Times of India. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Maharashtra: Five MLAs suspended for beating up policeman". News18. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Bahujan Vikas Aghadi leader, son held for murder of kin - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Neta booked for molesting two women, uploading pics - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "Youth leader of BVA held for molesting woman in Naigaon - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|