Bai Bai He
Bai Xue (白雪)
1 March 1984
|Alma mater||Central Academy of Drama|
|Agent||Bai Baihe Studio|
|Awards||Hundred Flowers Awards – Best Actress|
Bai Bai He (Chinese: 白百何; pinyin: Bái Bǎihé, born 1 March 1984) is a Chinese actress. She was among the highest paid film actresses in China. She is best known for her roles in such films as Love is Not Blind, Personal Tailor, Monster Hunt and Go Away Mr. Tumor.
Bai was born in Qingdao, Shandong. She attended the Wendeng Road Elementary School. At a young age, Bai shown talents in singing, dancing and acting. At the age of 12, she was admitted into the Beijing Dance Academy. In 2000, Bai auditioned for a role in Zhang Yimou's film Happy Times. Even though she was not selected, Zhang saw potential in her and recommended her to apply for the Central Academy of Drama; which Bai eventually got admitted to in 2002.
Shortly after her graduation from the Central Academy of Drama, Bai Baihe made her acting debut in the television series Bloom of Youth (2006). She continued to appear in dramas such as Where is Happiness (2007) and My Youthfulness (2009).
Bai achieved breakthrough with the 2011 romantic-comedy Love Is Not Blind, also starring Wen Zhang. The low-budget film became a surprise hit at the Chinese box office. Bai won the Best Actress award at the Hundred Flowers Award. The following year, she starred in spy drama Fu Chen and was nominated at the Shanghai Television Festival for Best Actress.
Bai then starred in Feng Xiaogang's comedy film Personal Tailor (2013), which broke box office records on its opening day. The same year, Bai starred in romantic comedy A Wedding Invitation alongside Eddie Peng. The film was a commercial success and critics praise Bai for "keeping a character that could easily slip into shrill and childish far from that quagmire". Bai followed up with romantic drama film The Stolen Years, where she received rave reviews and was coined "mainland Chinese romance-drama royalty".
Bai solidified her status as China's Box Office Queen with the 2015 fantasy-comedy film Monster Hunt, directed by Raman Hui. The film grossed over 1.8 billion yuan to become the second highest grossing film in China. She then starred in romantic comedy film Go Away Mr. Tumor, which was selected as the Chinese entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 88th Academy Awards Bai won the Best Actress award at the China Film Director's Guild Awards, Beijing Student Film Festival and Huabiao Awards for her performance as a cartoonist who battles against cancer with an optimistic mind.
Bai topped the list of "Highest Grossing Actresses in China" for 2015, after having ranked 2nd in 2013. Variety describes her as the "pretty girl next door with decent acting chops and good comic timing".
In 2016, Bai starred alongside Chen Kun in crime caper film Chongqing Hot Pot. The film received acclaim and positive word-of-mouth, grossing 152 million yuan in four days. She then featured in romance film I Belonged to You, which broke box office sales record for mainland-produced romance films.
In 2017, Bai starred in action cop thriller The Missing, directed by Xu Jinglei. The same year, she filmed two television productions - medical drama Surgeons and the romance series Only Side by Side with You.
In 2018, Bai reprised her role in the sequel of Monster Hunt. The film set the record for the highest box office day for a single market. The same year, she starred in First Night Nerves, a women-centric film directed by Stanley Kwan.
In 2019, Bai starred in the drama film A City Called Macau, adapted from Geling Yan's novel of the same name and directed by Li Shaohong. Bai was nominated for the Best Actress award at the Golden Rooster Awards for her performance. The same year, she starred in the drama film Begin, Again.
Bai Baihe was married to actor/singer Chen Yufan on December 26, 2006. They first met while appearing in a Chinese romantic comedy television series Bloom of Youth in 2004. Their son, Chen Shengtong, was born on January 19, 2008. On April 16, 2017, Bai Baihe announced that they divorced at the end of 2015.
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2011||The Law of Attraction||万有引力||Shi Xiaolin|||
|Love is Not Blind||失恋33天||Huang Xiaoxian|
|2012||First Time||第一次||Wei Jiajia|||
|2013||A Wedding Invitation||分手合约||Qiao Qiao|
|The Stolen Years||被偷走的那五年||He Man|
|Personal Tailor||私人订制||Xiao Biao|
|2014||The Truth About Beauty||整容日记||Guo Jing|||
|2015||Monster Hunt||捉妖记||Huo Xiaolan|
|Go Away Mr. Tumor||滚蛋吧！肿瘤君||Xiong Dun|
|Cities in Love||恋爱中的城市||Yan Ran|||
|Les Aventures d'Anthony||陪安东尼度过漫长岁月||Xiao Ying|||
|2016||Chongqing Hot Pot||火锅英雄||Yu Xiaohui|
|I Belonged to You||从你的全世界路过||Li Zhi|
|2017||The Missing||绑架者||Lin Wei|
|2018||Monster Hunt 2||捉妖记2||Huo Xiaolan|
|First Night Nerves||八个女人一台戏||Fu Sha|
|2019||A City Called Macau||媽閣是座城||Mei Xiao'ou|
|Begin, Again||亲爱的新年好||Shu Jin|||
|TBA||A Boyfriend for My Girlfriend||情圣2||Tian Xin|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2006||Bloom of Youth||與青春有關的日子||Qiao Qiao|
|2007||Where is Happiness||幸福在哪里||Gan Lu|
|2009||My Youthfulness||我的青春谁做主||Lei Lei|
|2010||The Lying Lover||说谎的爱人||Dong Nan|||
|2011||Family, Power N||家的N次方||Zhao Wen|||
|2012||Fu Chen||浮沉||Qiao Li|||
|Rules Before a Divorce||离婚前规则||Jiang Xinyao|||
|2013||Little Big Soldier||大兵小将||Sha Man|
|Love is Not Blind||失恋33天||Cameo|
|Jinan City is our Hometown||我们这拨人||Qiao Qiao|||
|2015||Grow Up||长大||Ye Chunmeng|||
|2018||Only Side by Side with You||南方有乔木||Nan Qiao|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album||Notes|
|2006||"The Past Can Only Be Reminisced"||往事只能回味||Bloom of Youth OST|
|"Straw Hat Song"||草帽歌|
|2009||"I Am Not An Easy Girl"||我不是随便的花朵||My Youthfulness OST|
|2010||"Brushing Past Each Other"||擦肩而过||The Lying Lover OST|
|2012||"Really Love You"||真的爱你||First Time OST|
|"Fu Chen"||浮沉||Fu Chen OST|
|"An Ordinary Love"||平凡相恋||N/A||with Chen Yufan|
|2013||"Didn't We Agree To It"||我们不是说好了吗||A Wedding Invitation OST||with Eddie Peng|
|2015||"A Young Girl's Planting Flower Diary"||中二少女养花记||Go Away Mr. Tumor OST|
|"Where Will You Be Tomorrow"||明天你会在哪里||Monster Hunt OST||with Jing Boran|
Awards and nomination
|2012||19th Beijing Student Film Festival||Best Actress||Love is Not Blind||Nominated|
|3rd China Film Director's Guild Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|12th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||Nominated|
|31st Hundred Flowers Award||Best Actress||Won|||
|49th Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards||Best Leading Actress||Nominated|||
|7th Chinese Young Generation Film Forum Awards||Best New Actress||Won|||
|8th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Contemporary Drama)||Fu Chen||Nominated|
|2013||19th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|16th Shanghai International Film Festival||Best Actress||The Stolen Years||Nominated|
|5th China Image Film Festival||Best Actress||Love is Not Blind||Nominated|
|15th Huabiao Awards||Outstanding Actress||Nominated|
|2014||12th Huading Awards||Best Actress||Personal Tailor||Nominated|
|2015||12th Guangzhou Student Film Festival||Most Popular Actress||Monster Hunt||Won|||
|2016||28th Hong Kong Society of Cinematographers Awards||Most Charismatic Actress||N/A||Won|||
|19th Huading Awards||Best Actress||Grow Up||Nominated|
|16th Chinese Film Media Awards||Best Actress||Go Away Mr. Tumor||Nominated|
|7th China Film Director's Guild Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|6th Beijing International Film Festival||Best Actress||Nominated|
|23rd Beijing Student Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|||
|16th Huabiao Awards||Outstanding Actress||Won|||
|20th Huading Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|3rd Silk Road International Film Festival||Outstanding Contribution Award||N/A||Won|||
|33rd Hundred Flowers Award||Best Actress||Monster Hunt||Nominated|
|13th Changchun Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|||
|8th International Chinese Film Festival||Best Actress||Chongqing Hot Pot||Won|||
|2017||31st Golden Rooster Awards||Best Actress||Monster Hunt||Nominated|
|2019||32nd Golden Rooster Awards||A City Called Macau||Nominated|||
- "Leaked list reveals China's top earning actresses". China Daily. November 18, 2014.
- "小嫚白百合：从小就是班里的文艺骨干（组图）". Sohu (in Chinese). November 14, 2012.
- "《娱乐现场》采访白百何：因为张艺谋进演艺圈". Mango TV (in Chinese). April 7, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "白百何：喜剧细胞感染大家 张艺谋让我考中戏". Tencent (in Chinese). March 29, 2012.
- "Wen Zhang, Bai Baihe join 'Love is not Blind'". China Daily. October 16, 2012.
- "Love Is Not Blind is a box office hit in China". Asia Pacific Arts. November 22, 2011. Archived from the original on April 3, 2013.
- "31st Hundred Flowers Award ceremony opens in E China". Xinhua News Agency. September 30, 2012.
- "白玉兰奖提名出炉 张嘉译吴秀波争视帝". Sina (in Chinese). May 15, 2013.
- "Bai Baihe, Lead Actress of 'Personal Tailor'". China Radio International. December 6, 2013.
- "'Personal Tailor' sets box office records". China.org.cn. December 20, 2013.
- "'Personal Tailor' tops Chinese box office". Ecns. December 25, 2013.
- "A Wedding Invitation: All about love". China.org.cn. March 20, 2013.
- "A Wedding Invitation: Hong Kong Review". The Hollywood Reporter. March 26, 2013.
- "The Stolen Years (Bei Tou Zou De Na Wu Nian): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. September 13, 2013.
- "The Stolen Years". China Radio International. December 5, 2013.
- "Monster Hunt leads the pack of record-breaking films". The Telegraph. August 17, 2015.
- "Box Office Queen Bai Baihe's New Movie to Hit Theatres Soon". China Radio International. August 11, 2015.
- Junya, Gao (October 10, 2015). ""Go Away Mr. Tumor" to Represents China in the Best Foreign Film Category at the Oscars". China Radio International.
- "白百何制霸暑期银幕 推个人套票成女演员第一人". Tencent (in Chinese). July 15, 2015.
- "2015票房男强女弱被改写 白百何成功登顶". Sina (in Chinese). December 30, 2015.
- "白百何获2013最具价值女星 成绩开启"百何年"". Sohu (in Chinese). January 1, 2014.
- "Bai Baihe Charms Auds as China's Sweetheart". Variety. May 11, 2016.
- "火锅英雄》曝新版海报 陈坤白百何围锅共谋"别有洞天"". Mtime (in Chinese). February 25, 2016.
- "'Chongqing Hot Pot' wins top viewers ratings". China.org.cn. April 5, 2016.
- "《从你的全世界路过》曝新预告 白百何演女警花 杨洋变茅十八浪漫求婚". Mtime (in Chinese). August 29, 2016.
- "《从你的全世界路过》破8亿引领国产爱情片新方向". China Entertainment News (in Chinese). October 26, 2016.
- "徐静蕾执导动作片《绑架者》曝预告 白百何变身"暴力妈妈" 黄立行挑战失忆绑匪". Mtime (in Chinese). February 17, 2018.
- "靳东白百何领衔 《外科风云》首曝角色定妆照". Tencent (in Chinese). August 23, 2016.
- "Archived copy" 《南方有乔木》首曝海报 陈伟霆白百何霸气现身. China Radio International (in Chinese). April 7, 2017. Archived from the original on April 8, 2017. Retrieved February 18, 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Bai Baihe and Jing Boran on Board for 'Monster Hunt 2'". Variety. October 20, 2016.
- "'Monster Hunt 2' drives China box office to world record-breaking day". Screen Daily. February 18, 2018.
- "白百何颠覆出演《八个女人一台戏》". Mtime (in Chinese). January 22, 2018.
- "白百何演新片了！这次变身澳门女赌徒". Mtime (in Chinese). September 15, 2017.
- "第32届中国电影金鸡奖提名名单公布". Mtime (in Chinese). October 22, 2019.
- "白百何张子枫《亲爱的新年好》定档12.31". Mtime (in Chinese). November 25, 2019.
- "《情圣2》吴秀波白百何享受爱情". Mtime (in Chinese). January 7, 2018.
- 白百何陈羽凡晒结婚证庆7周年 恩爱如初. sina (in Chinese). 2013-12-27.
- 叶京《与青春有关的日子》广州开机(附图). sina (in Chinese). 2004-10-15.
- 白百何承认离婚 陈羽凡无限时退出娱乐圈. 163.com (in Chinese). 2017-04-17.
- Zhang Rui (16 April 2017). "Actress Bai Baihe divorced long before alleged 'affair'". china.org.cn. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Addy (17 April 2017). "Husband Chen Yufan Defends Bai Baihe in Cheating Scandal, Admits Divorce". jaynestars. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- 白百何首发声承认离婚：隐瞒是为了孩子完整的童年. ifeng (in Chinese). 2017-04-16.
- "文章白百何邂逅《万有引力》 明星爸妈演绎纯爱". Tencent (in Chinese). April 1, 2011.
- "《第一次》曝摇滚篇花絮 首次曝光白百何造型". Sina (in Chinese). May 17, 2012.
- "陈可辛监制《整容日记》 白百何自曝"被整惨"". Mtime (in Chinese). August 21, 2012.
- "《恋爱中的城市》曝白百何阮经天剧照 "恋爱中的城市"擦出火花". Mtime (in Chinese). January 6, 2015.
- "《陪安东尼度过漫长岁月》发新款预告片 白百何&刘畅情感纠葛初现端倪". Mtime (in Chinese). October 30, 2015.
- "白百何朱雨辰演绎《说谎的爱人》". Sina (in Chinese). November 30, 2012.
- "《家，n次方》热播 白百何变身"犀利姐"(图)". Sina (in Chinese). May 31, 2011.
- "《浮沉》商战惊心动魄 张嘉译白百何"老少恋"". Sina (in Chinese). June 17, 2012.
- "白百何贾乃亮《离婚前规则》演绎脆弱纸婚". Sina (in Chinese). December 4, 2012.
- "《我们这拨人》热拍 白百何钟情青春励志戏". Sina (in Chinese). December 30, 2010.
- "《长大》1.29青春来袭 白百何陆毅领衔贺岁". Netease (in Chinese). January 5, 2015. Archived from the original on June 24, 2018. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- "周一围袁姗姗领衔主演 悬疑剧情片《焕脸》开机". Eastday (in Chinese). November 7, 2019.
- "Best Actress Nominee - Bai Baihe". China Radio International. November 22, 2012.
- "年度新锐华语影人颁奖闭幕 白百何获新锐女演员". NetEase (in Chinese). November 11, 2012. Archived from the original on December 4, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- "第十二届广州大学生电影节落幕". NetEase (in Chinese). December 29, 2015.
- "白百何香港摄影学会获最具魅力女演员奖". Sina. March 7, 2016.
- "'Mr. Six' wins big at China Film Directors Guild Awards". China.org.cn. April 12, 2016.
- "Feng Xiaogang and Bai Baihe win big at 23rd Beijing College Student Film Festival". China Daily. May 9, 2016.
- "牵手威尼斯 丝路电影节国际范更足". Sina (in Chinese). September 23, 2016.
- "The 13th China Changchun Film Festival Ended". Jilin Daily. October 17, 2016. Archived from the original on November 12, 2017. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "第八届澳洲电影节获奖名单揭晓 《火锅英雄》成最大赢家". Mtime (in Chinese). November 20, 2016.