Raven is a brand of smart speakers, developed by Chinese web services company Baidu. The devices connect to the voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service DuerOS. The products are a result of Baidu's acquisition of Raven Tech in February 2017. The Raven H went on sale in December 2017, the first of three planned products under the brand.
The Raven H is a smart speaker consisting of eight metal plates. The top detachable orange metal plate is capable of rising up and down, as well as a LED display touch controller. DuerOS is capable of voice interaction, music playback, providing weather, and hailing a vehicle from Didi Chuxing on the device. It was first introduced in November 2017 at the annual Baidu World conference in Beijing. On-board, the device has a Tymphany speaker. In China, the device became available in December 2017 for RMB 1,699.
The Raven R is a planned smart speaker with six moveable joints, used to perform simple function and express emotions on an LED display.
The Raven Q is a planned home robot that will be able to move around a house, in addition to acting as a virtual assistant.
- Hempel, Jessi (9 August 2017). "How Baidu Will Win China's AI Race—and, Maybe, the World's". Backchannel. Condé Nast. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Johnson, Khari (15 November 2017). "Baidu unveils home robots and smart speaker". VentureBeat. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Horwitz, Josh (16 November 2017). "The newest smart home assistant stands out for one reason". Quartz. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Baidu Jumps Into Crowded Smart Speaker Fray With Raven H". Bloomberg News. 16 November 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Russell, Jon (16 November 2017). "China's Baidu just announced the strangest smart speakers". TechCrunch. Oath Inc. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Abkowitz, Alyssa (16 November 2017). "Baidu Sends Raven to Bring Artificial Intelligence Into Chinese Homes". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Baidu Unveils Raven Series AI-powered Hardware at 2017 Baidu World" (Press release). 15 November 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Ho, Victoria (16 November 2017). "Baidu rolls out the Raven H, its first AI smart speaker". Mashable. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Shead, Sam (16 November 2017). "Chinese tech giant Baidu launched a smart speaker and robots that will give people a 'sci-fi' experience". Business Insider. Retrieved 21 November 2017.