Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)
|• Body||Baidyabati Municipality|
|• Total||12.03 km2 (4.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||15 m (49 ft)|
|• Density||10,000/km2 (26,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 33|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Champdani|
Baidyabati is a city and a municipality of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is under Serampore police station of Srirampore subdivision. It is a part of the area covered by Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA).
Baidyabati is located at .
As per 2011 Census of India, Baidyabati had a total population of 121,110 of which 62,885 (52%) were males and 58,625 (48%) were females. The population below 6 years was 9,017. The total number of literates in Baidyabati was 98,928 (88.26% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Baidyabati had a population of 108,231. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Baidyabati has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolkata Urban Agglomeration
The following Municipalities and Census Towns in Hooghly district were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census: Bansberia (M), Hugli-Chinsurah (M), Bara Khejuria (Out Growth), Shankhanagar (CT), Amodghata (CT), Chak Bansberia (CT), Naldanga (CT), Kodalia (CT), Kulihanda (CT), Simla (CT), Dharmapur (CT), Bhadreswar (M), Champdani (M), Chandannagar (M Corp.), Baidyabati (M), Serampore (M), Rishra (M), Rishra (CT), Bamunari (CT), Dakshin Rajyadharpur (CT), Nabagram Colony (CT), Konnagar (M), Uttarpara Kotrung (M), Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni) (CT), Kanaipur (CT) and Keota (CT).
- Baidyabati railway station is on the Howrah-Bardhaman main line.It is part of Kolkata Suburban Railway system.
- "District-wise list of stautory towns". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 28 January 2009.
- "Base Map of Kolkata metropolitan area". Kolkata metropolitan Development Authority. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 3 September 2007.
- "Census of India 2011, West Bengal: District Census Handbook, Hooghly" (PDF). Map of Serampur-Uttarpara CD Block, page 635. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Road - Highway". Public Works Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Google maps
- "37815 Howrah Bardhaman Jn Local". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 13 June 2017.