|Elevation||567 m (1,860 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Baihar is located at  It has an average elevation of 567 metres (1860 feet)..
As of 2001 the India census, showed Baihar had a population of 15,400. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Baihar has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 57% of the males and 43% of females literate. 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places of interest
The various places of interest in and around Baihar town are-
- Mukki (The Gate to Kanha National Park)
Mukki is the gate of Tiger Reserve "Kanha National Park" and has the famous "Jungle Safari Lodge".Other places of natural interest are "Kisli" & "Soopkhar" near Baihar.
Siharpaat is a small hill near Baihar that is like a tabletop and surrounded by greenery. There is a famous Ram (Hindu panwar) temple on the top of that hill and every year there is a big Mela organized on the occasion of the famous Hindu festival Ramnavami,sharad pornima.
Educational Institutes at Baihar
The various educational institutes at Baihar are-
- Vivekanand higher secondary school baihar
- Jyoti Montessori School Baihar
- Govt Boys school Baihar
- Govt Girls school Baihar
- chakravarti public school
- vivek jyoti higher secondary school Baihar.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Baihar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Madhya Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|