1970 (age 47–48)|
|Revised Romanization||Baek Jong-yeol|
Baek Jong-yul (born 1970), known as Baik, is a South Korean film director. Baik worked as a visual artist and advertisement director before entering the film industry. His feature debut - a romantic comedy film The Beauty Inside (2015), deals with the love between a man who becomes a different person every day and a girl (played by Han Hyo-joo), who loves him. Baik said that there were definitely challenges to create a film with so many different actors playing the same character as each actor came to the set with his or her own interpretation of the character. His effort won him the Best New Director at the 52nd Grand Bell Awards in 2015.
- Oldboy (2003) - production dept
- S Diary (2004) - marketing
- Rules of Dating (2005) - trailer
- Sad Movie (2005) - marketing
- Voice of a Murderer (2007) - production dept
- Couples (2011) - production dept
- Snowpiercer (2013) - visual effects
- The Beauty Inside (2015) - director, visual effects, poster
- Burn It Up (2017) - director
- "BAIK". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
- Na, Won-jung (5 November 2014). "20 Actors Cast for One Single Lead Character for BEAUTY INSIDE". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
- Won, Ho-jung (4 June 2015). "New film searches for 'Beauty Inside'". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
- Jin, Eun-soo (21 August 2015). "Review: Visually pleasing film tackles questions of inner beauty, love". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
|This Korean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|