Baile an Truiseil
The Clach an Trushal at Ballantrushal
|Ballantrushal shown within the Outer Hebrides|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||ISLE OF LEWIS|
Ballantrushal (Scottish Gaelic: Baile an Truiseil) is a village on the Isle of Lewis in the West Side district, in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. Ballantrushal is within the parish of Barvas, and is situated on the A857. The standing stone Clach an Trushal is beside the village. and was the site of the last battle between the Lewis Macaulays and Morrison clans.
- "Overview of Ballantrushal". Scottish Places. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Details of Ballantrushal". Scottish Places. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "A857". Sabre. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Lewis, Clach An Trushal". Canmore. Historic Environment Scotland. Retrieved 2016-01-23.
- Davies, Caroline (2009-06-21). "Clans unite for battle to banish wind turbines". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-01-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baile an Truiseil.|
- Canmore - Lewis, Ballantrushal site record
- Canmore - Lewis, Clach An Trushal site record
- Canmore - Lewis, Shader, Ballantrushal site record
|This article about a location in the Western Isles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|