|Privately held company|
|Products||Paramotors, aircraft engines|
Bailey Aviation is a British aircraft manufacturer originally based in Bassingbourn, Royston and later in Over, Cambridgeshire. The company was founded by Paul Bailey and specializes in the design and manufacture of paramotors in the form of ready-to-fly aircraft for the US FAR 103 Ultralight Vehicles rules and the European rules. The company also builds aircraft engines.
Paul Bailey started in the car racing business, founding Bailey Motorsport to produce automotive racing components. He earned his private pilot licence and became involved in sky diving and finally paramotoring. He found the paramotoring products available at the time were of sub-standard quality and set out to design and build improved paramotors.
The company has produced a line of innovative paramotors, noted for their modular construction. These include the mid-2000s Bailey JPX D330 and Bailey Solo. The company embarked on the creation of a line of small four-stroke paramotor engines as well, creating the Bailey B200 and the derivative Bailey V5 engine, which powers the Bailey V5 paramotor. The Bailey Hornet two-cylinder two-stroke powered paraglider motor was introduced in 2013.
|Model name||First flight||Number built||Type|
|Bailey JPX D330||mid-2000s||Paramotor|
|Bailey V5 paramotor||mid-2010s||Paramotor|
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 64. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster UK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- "Bailey Aviation contact". baileyaviation.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "About Bailey Aviation". baileyaviation.com. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 201. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, pages 256-257. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X